Gateway Drug | Part Eighty-One

Start from the beginning

"I do, I just don't like using them." I reply, glancing around, seeing the coast is clear of anyone I know in the crowded room.

"You like living on the edge or something?" He questions, aggravating me. 

"I like..." I hesitate instead of brazenly saying what I want to. "...you know…" 

He furrows his brows and looks at me for a moment. 

"...You like what?" He asks me, genuinely not understanding and I sigh. 

"I like…that." I widen my eyes slightly for "that," hoping he catches on. 

Nothing. 

"I don't understand half of what you say so—"

"—I like cum." I rip the bandaid off and he spits his drink out, squeezing his eyes closed to brace the burn of whiskey through his nostrils as well. "And ya know what? It loses its appeal when it's gummed up at the bottom of latex." I add, just to gross him out more.

"Viv, I didn't need to know that!" He scolds me, groaning, rubbing his face. 

"Understand me now?" I sarcastically demand. 

"Ughh," he wrinkles his nose. 

"I like to feel i—"

"Shut up!" He covers his ears and I laugh. "Damn it, Vivian, go back to damn near leaving the room anytime someone mentioned sex." He complains. 

"I don't feel weird about talking to you about it because you're like a girl friend." I shrug and he glares at me. 

"I'm what?" 

"Like a girl friend." I restate and he raises his brows. 

"A girl friend?" 

"Yeah." I nod. 

"You really know how to break a man's balls without even thinking fucking twice about it." He gripes. 

"I didn't mean anything bad by that." I say, genuinely. 

"You don't tell a guy he's like a girl friend." He argues.

"Well, you are." 

"Are what?" Axl's voice is over the crowd and me and Izzy both snatch at the test before he grabs it and hides it in his jacket pocket. 

"Wondering what's going on with you and Tansy?" I change the subject quickly when he gets to us and he tries to hide his smile. 

"Don't worry about it." He states. 

Axl and Tansy, in a new-found relationship, were in a whirlwind of puppy love. So much so that not even a week later, Axl would propose and she would inevitably say, "yes."

"Where's Duff and the guys?" I ask Axl as he grabs a drink and sits beside Izzy and I, lighting a cigarette. 

"Steven's with some Cheryl chick, Slash is next door at the strip bar, and Duff…" he trails off, furrowing his brows, "...I don't know where Duff is." 

"Oh, well, we were supposed to go out tonight to celebrate our two month." I explain. 

"Well, I haven't seen him." Axl shrugs. 

"He said he was going to his apartment." I add. 

"Haven't seen him." He replies again and I sigh. 

"Okay, then, I'm probably gonna head home and just wait there for him." 

"He's staying with you?" Axl asks and I nod.