Gateway Drug | Part Sixty-Two

Warning(s):
Explicit language
Violence
Explicit sexual situations
Drug abuse

----------

Nikki slams back yet another strawberry margarita as our food is set before us in the mexican restaurant, Doc, Fred, Rich, Ross, Donna, Emi, Tommy, Mick, Vince and Tansy all joining us at our celebratory dinner before Nikki and I are due to sneak away tomorrow morning for the next couple of days off to a location that has yet to be disclosed to me. 

Although I'll be surprised if we make it there and Nikki's still sober being that he's beginning to slur his words together. 

"Okay, hold up, picture." Ross states, grabbing his Polaroid and we all grown, wanting to eat our food. "Say, 'I'm so surprised these two are still married'." He jokes, and the second he snaps the shot of everyone of us smiling, Nikki's throwing chip crumbs on him, earning a blatant 'damn it!' that's got Nikki giggling like a little boy. 

"So, when does your flight leave?" Donna asks me and I raise my brows. 

"Flight?" 

"Yeah, for your little getaway." She explains as Nikki and Tommy start trying to out slur each other as they eat their food and talk. 

"It requires flying?" I ask her and her face suddenly pales before Emi is whispering in her ear, more than likely telling her I have no idea where we're going. 

"Oh…" Donna mumbles, giving me a small smile. "...Forget I asked." 

Before I can open my mouth to prod her about where exactly this location is, she's being swept back into her conversation with Emi and I'm furrowing my brows slightly, glancing at Nikki, who's already getting another freaking refill of his margarita. 

"Can we have some water, as well?" I ask the waiter, nodding toward Nikki and he looks from me, to Nikki, who's obviously not going to accept anything less than alcoholic. 

"I don't need it, man, just keep 'em coming." Nikki smirks to him and I shoot him a look. 

"He's drunk, he needs water, please." I void what Nikki just said and our waiter seals his lips together before going to the kitchen with Nikki shouting after him how he doesn't need water. 

I slip away to the bathroom to pee and touch up my makeup, returning just in time to hear a glass collide with the floor with the sound of iced water splashing, and Nikki shouting:

"I don't need any fucking water!" 

While Fred and Doc are shouting at him to calm down. 

I find our table in nearly a sprint in my heels, seeing a sloppy Nikki standing, nearly face-planting, about to get in the waiter's face. 

"Nikki!" I stop him, interjecting myself between him and the stranger, feeling absolutely horrible for how he's treating the man for just doing what I asked him to do. "Sir, I'm so sorry, we're about to leave if you could just--"

"--I'm not fucking going anywhere until this motherfucker apologizes to me!" Nikki demands, pointing over me to the waiter, everyone in the restaurant is now looking at us.