It was quite at first, No talking, and the only noise was the footsteps.

"You wanna know what happened?" Rouge asked. Y/n cocked her head towards her.

"Masky and Nurse Ann. You want to know what happened?" She asked. Y/n stayed silent.

"Masky joined seven years ago. Nurse Ann joined only a couple of months later. Naturally, they started hanging out together. Well actually, it was more of Ann trying to talk to him and him nodding along." She said, taking Y/n's silence as a yes. Y/n nodded, showing that she was listening.

"Anyways, it had become a year they'd known each other, and Ann had fallen inlove. So she confessed. Now Masky was at this point where all he could do was serve Slender. He wouldn't eat, sleep. Sometimes he would go days without seeing someone." She continued. Y/n looked down, listening while still in thought.

"When she confessed, Masky didn't know what to do. So he did the first thing his brain told him. Say he liked her back." A pang of jealousy hit Y/n's heart. Thinking of Masky dating someone other than her made her feel uncomfortable. But she hid her emotions well.

"Nurse Ann was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to do couple things with him. Masky on the other hand was well, he didn't know what to think. He didn't care. He was too busy working for Slender. So two months in and there relationship had gone nowhere. No one even had a clue they were dating." She paused to take a breath.

"Masky didn't treat her well, as a girlfriend. He treated her like a nobody. I wouldn't even doubt if he didn't know her favourite color. But Nurse Ann was lovesick. She didn't- no couldn't, notice this. It was pitiful really." She gave a sad chuckle and Y/n gave a small frown.

"Eventually Masky broke up with her, and she was devastated. But Masky, he couldn't care less. Now that I think about it, I don't think he cared for her at all. He only cared about working." She finished. Y/n stayed silent, unable to speak. Why did Rouge have to tell her this? Wouldn't Y/n be just fine without the information?

"The reason I told you this is because I think you have a legit chance with him. He- he doesn't talk to many people, much less volunteer to." She answered the question Y/n never asked. Y/n gave a light smile. Y/n got to her room and waved Rouge off. She opened the door to Masky sitting on the bed.

"Hey."

"You're still here?" Y/n asked. Masky only shrugged. She sighed and sat down next to him, not uttering a word. She wanted to ask about his past relationship, but knew better not to pry.

"Are you okay?"

"What happened with you and Nurse Ann." Fuck. The words slipped out of her mouth. The room went silent and Masky sighed.

"At the time, I thought I was in love. That I was ready for a relationship. But deep in me, I knew I shouldn't have. She kept on hanging around with me and I guess I tricked my own mind into thinking it was love. Time passed and I realised that I actually didn't like, or know, anything about her. So I ended it. She cried, tried changing my mind, threw stuff at me, you know, things girls do when they go through a break up. But yeah, I guess that's it really." He finished. Y/n laid there and Masky looked at her, waiting for a response, a reaction, anything. Did she now find him weird? Weak? Fuck, he shouldn't have said anything.

Y/n looked towards him in confusion.

"What?" He managed to let out, afraid of what would come next.

"What kind of girls are you dating where they're throwing shit at you?" She finally asked. Masky blinked at her before throwing a pillow at her face. She giggled and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I won't judge you. Shit happens, especially when it's unexpected. You can either run from it, or learn from it." She said in a hush tone. It then hit Masky what was so special about her.

She was always there. She never tried to run away from him. She stuck with him, even after talking about something he thought he would never have to bring up again because it made him so fucking insecure.

She found different ways to taunt him. She tried to befriend him. That's why he stated noticing small details about her, why he was so intrigued. Why he found her so attractive. Why he couldn't try letting her go.

Why he had a crush on her

"Hey Masky?" Y/n said.

"Yes?"

"Wanna do a face mask with me?" She asked. Masky turned his face toward her.

"One, fuck no. Two, it's still day out." He said. Y/n gave a playful pout.

"It's dark out. You see. Talking takes a lot of time. We also stayed silent for like a whole hour." She said. Her head left his shoulder and she got up. She picked out some clothes and her glasses. She went into the bathroom for a minute or two and came back out with her glasses on.

She took out her airpods and put them in as she connected them to her phone, then took out two packets.

"Which one do you want to do?" Y/n asked. Masky looked at the two packets and gave her a glare.

"No way are you making me do one."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

Yes- Fucking hell." He facepalmed realising he fell for such a stupid trick. Y/n smiled and grabbed his arm to try and get him off the bed. They went into the bathroom.

"Which one?" Y/n asked again. Masky pointed to a random packet and she handed it to him.

"Okay now we can either put it on your face or mask. Your choice." She said in a sarcastic tone. Masky rolled his eyes and took his mask off. A small, unnoticeable, blush spread her face as she smiled. She opened hers and washed her face.

"Okay, whatever you do don't get it on your eyebrows. Unless you want to lose your eyebrows that is." She warned. Masky rolled his eyes and opened the packet.

Time Skip

"Dude, you sure you don't need help?" Y/n asked. The reality was that he did in fact need help/ But Masky being Masky would never admit that.

Y/n sighed and walked up to him.

"You don't always need to act like you're better than me you know? You can ask for help." She said. Turning his face toward her, Y/n touched his face to help him. Y/n averted his eyes away from her, feeling embarrassed.

The touch of Y/n's fingers were soft. A touch Masky couldn't really describe because he never felt it.

Y/n was humming a tune. Masky assumed it was the one from the song she was listening to.

"What are you listening to?" Masky mumbled. Y/n heard and took an airpod out of her ear and put it in Masky's ear.

"Sweater Weather. I'm sure you've heard it before." She said, wiping her hands off and walking into the bedroom. Masky was at first confused until he realised and face palmed. He left the bathroom and spotted her.

"What is it with you and this song." He asked. Y/n glared at him.

"Read the room and connect the dots. So oblivious." She said, the last sentence sarcastically. Masky was still confused, and Y/n noticed and laughed. This gave Masky butterflies.

"Whatever."

"No wait, i didn't mean to make you sad!" She said. Masky rolled his eyes. Could he really get used to this?

"I'm sorry." Y/n pouted. Masky smiled to himself.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Hello! I was going to write some angst but then I decided on this and I enjoy it. It's pretty long but I think you guys would like longer chapters. But anyways, I'll see you all next chapter. Bye Clouds!! Unedited

-Blxrrii