Studying | Chpt 26

Začať od začiatku

"Come on, just one little peck."

"No. Why do you want to so badly?" I asked, turning back to my book in the hopes he would do the same.

"Because! I've only kissed one person and it would be for fun! Like friends, I swear," he insisted. "Experience, we're comofrtable around each other right so we'd get even more comfortable--"

"A little too comfortable," I interrupted. "Are you hoping that by some chance I start liking you like that because we've already discussed this. I don't want to hurt your feelings again."

"My feelings weren't hurt!" he said, which I knew was entirely possible. "And no, I'm not."

"So do you just want something to tell your friends about to seem cool?"

"No."

"I'm struggling to see how this won't go badly. Either this messes up friendship, my dad kills you, my dad kills me, you tell everyone and I kill you. This doesn't sound all that beneficial. Once again, just ask someone else," I said.

"It's not the same."

"Just do your work Kaminari. You wanted help for exams, so here it is," I said, gesturing to his book. His stare lingered for a few moments more before he looked down at his book. He seemed genuinely upset by the fact, but if there was anyway he could pull me, this certainly was not it. There was a lack of focus now and by the time Kaminari was done with notes, he wasn't studying them or doing anything productive.

"Are you afraid I'll shock you? I promise I won't."

"This again?" I asked, though it had only been 20 minutes since.

"Jeez, alright," he said, distractedly tapping at his book. I scribbled a few things before his distraction noises began to waver my focus. I glanced up at him before shutting my own work and placing it in my bag.

"Come on," I gestured, causing him to scramble to pick up his things and catch up with me. I didn't exactly know what I was doing, which made me all the more nervous.

"Where are we going?"

"Your dorm."

"Huh? Why?" he asked.

"You're going to actually study and if you get questions right, I'll consider kissing you. I just don't want to be in the library," I pointed out. I was struggling to keep the red from flooding up into my face, but Kaminari just let his go.

"Oh, uh thanks."

"For the record, I don't owe you anything or pity you."

"So..."

"I could use the practice," I said. "I've never kissed anyone plus it'll get you to actually study."

"Never?"

"No."

"That's a shame, you're too pretty," he pointed out.

"Don't make it weird or romantic, otherwise I might not kiss you," I pointed out. "If my dad finds out about any singular piece of this, I'm not joking when I say he might kill you."

"Right. It's just 2 homies kissing for school," he said and I smirked slightly.

"The more I hang out with you, the more I begin to act like you."

"You're welcome." He smirked at me, leading me to the 1-A halls. It was strange he had convinced me of this seeing as I would've never considered it a few weeks ago. My dad's opinions meant everything to me, so even crossing him behind his back was something I never considered. Now I was headed to Kaminari's room to possibly kiss, and of my own accord. I was trying to get myself in trouble at this point. I had never really regarded kissing as all that huge of a deal until I began to have feelings for someone. There was part of me that agreed affection should be whatever people decide it is in their relationship. What was so wrong with friendly kisses? Nothing, they were harmless unless in this case. I'd just be digging myself a deeper hole with Kaminari. We stopped at his door and I held the strap of my backpack tightly, feeling the regretful weight of the situation. I was pretty stupid. Even though Kaminari had insisted and seemed quite into the idea, I had my lack of experience, my nerve, my feelings, Jirou, and my father looming over this situation.