"If she has even one scratch on her, I'm beating your butt to the ground. I don't care if you're my best friend. She's my little girl."

I groan, but giggle making a weird sound come out of me. My dad walks up to me and kisses my forehead. "See you in a bit?"

I hum in response. With that everyone walks to their designated vehicles.

Steve hands me a black helmet. I begrudgingly put it on, knowing this is the only way I will be allowed to ride.

    He starts the engine. Without warning he takes off, making me immediately plant my arms around his Dorito shaped body.

    After a few minutes, I get the hang of it. Swaying my body with vehicle, copying Uncle Steve's movements. I loosen my grip as I shout in the wind. The ride is accelerating!

    Shorter than what I wanted, the ride ends as we arrive to the prisons.

    We load off the motorcycle, me patting my wind-stricken hair to my head.

    Natasha helps me by being prepared. She brings a brush over to me and brushes my hair out, putting it into a braid of some sorts.

    "Thanks mom," I joke.

She freezes for a split second, before she gains her composure. She jokes back, "anytime daughter."

"VB, please don't wander off in this place. It holds dangerous people," Tony pleads.

    "I'm dangerous, Uncle Tones." I deadpan. But the information is true. For gods sake! I'm a trained assassin! I was these people's weapon!

    "I know. Just please stay by one of us at all times." I nod reluctantly.

    "Thanks, now go with your dad. Looks like he is constipated with how much worry he's got going on his face." I laugh at Tony's words. So I gracefully strut to my father.

    "Uncle T says you look constipated," I reveal. Bucky rolls his eyes.

    "Of course he does," Papa mutters. "You ready to go in there, it's not too late to change your mind?"

    "I'm fine, I want to do this."

    "Wanda, Tony, and Natasha are going to visit the Secretary of State. So, it's just us going to see your friend." Steve informs me and his best friend.

    With that we parade down the halls of the big prison. Passing many cells, all vacant.

    We take an elevator that goes down many floors. I question that. "How guarded is this place?"

    "It is the most guarded facility in North America. It goes underground 16 floors. The lowest being the most heavily guarded. We are only going down two. We just have to stop to get our badges."

    "Makes sense."

    As we arrive on the desired floor, many agents stand by the doors. When they see it is us, they release from their attentive stances.

    We continue down the hall, stopping at a desk. "Here are your badges. Mr. Rogers, Mr. Barnes, Ms. Barnes." The desk lady says, handing our badges over.

   "Thanks ma'am," Steve responds politely. Taking them from her, and handing ours to us.

   I look at the picture on my badge. I look so serious. This picture was taken the day I arrived here, they wanted to make sure I didn't get shot down while eating cereal.

   I attach it to my shirt. The men with me doing the same. "Come on slow pokes! You walk like grandpas with a purpose!" I jest.

   "Har har!" They apparently didn't think my joke was funny. Rude.

   We get back into the elevator, going up about four floors. We stride down the halls, cells on both sides of us.

   I recognized some, workers at HYDRA. At the very end of the hall, I see a familiar face.

    "Well if it isn't good ole Hunt! How ya doin, babe? They treating you good?" The words come out of my friend, all raspy. Probably from lack of water.

    "They are treating me just fine, Eddie. How 'bout you?"

    He looks at me with a 'really' look. "I'm in a prison. I'm treated as good as I'm going to get."

    His gaze falls on the two Super Soldiers behind me. His eyes widen like saucers.

    "Mr. Captain Rogers, Mr. Winter Solider sirs." Eddie stutters out. I hold back a laugh as he glares at me.

    "You know them?!" He whisper-shouts at me.

    "You do know that they can still hear you right?" I whisper back. He mocks me in a higher pitch voice.

    I answer the question from before, "oh yeah! You didn't know? This is my father, Bucky Barnes. And my Uncle, not by blood, Steve Rogers." I say casually, with underlying sarcasm that can be detected easily.

    "Your old man is the Winter Soldier?! You're telling me that my dad- and your dad-," he seems to be in a state of shock, making me laugh harder.

    "You okay pal?" Steve speaks up after the silence him and my dad have been in.

    Eddie only nods slightly. "Who's your old man?" My dad asks.

    Eddie mutters something incoherent.

    You're going to have to speak up son," Steve insists.

    "My last name is Rumlow. Brock Rumlow is my dad," Eddie says more clearly.

    Now it's Bucky's and Steve's turn to be in shock. This is very entertaining for me.

    "Now that we are all caught up can me and Ed have a mo-" I am cut off by a voice that could be heard from many floors above.

    "WHAT IS IT I HEAR ABOUT MY PET COMING TO VISIT ME?" I freeze at the voice of my former handler.

Author's Note: Yay! Rumlow! Note the sarcasm. The POV will be Vera, unless I say otherwise. So as you can tell, this story is not going to surround the relationship between Vera and Bucky. But it is a key component!
            - J.S.

11.6.2020
1462 words