"I can, and I will," With that, Daenerys turned and walked back towards the covered courtyard where Khal Drogo held court. Coren shared a look with Jorah, before shrugging and following after the woman. She was far too stubborn to argue with.

Coren walked behind her, entering the courtyard and hiding the disgusted look on his face. It was filled with heads, and the smell of death hung in the air like a noose. It did not help that the heat was attracting flies, that buzzed around persistently. Khal Drogo and his blood riders sat beneath a covering, though it seemed like one was in an argument with the Khal.

Daenerys was dragged into the same argument moments later, as harsh words were flung between them. Coren tilted his head, not understanding what was being said but assuming that it was about the women that Daenerys had freed. He doubted the Dothraki men were pleased about that, not used to being denied what they wished, so they were having an argument about it.

The Dothraki soldier spat on the ground, drawing his sword and pointing it at the Khal. Qotho, one of the other blood riders, stood up, more than ready to interfere and put an end to this situation but Drogo held a placating hand up before standing. He began to speak, his voice growing with each word he spoke. 

The soldier pointed his sword, pushing it into Drogo's chest. The Khal grinned, barely noticing it as he continued to talk. The other soldier began to look nervous, swinging his sword as he panicked but Drogo dodged the attacks.

Drogo turned around, confident in his ability, as he drew his daggers and began to spit words out in Dothraki. He turned around, dropping them to the floor with a psychotic grin, before spitting something else out.

The elder soldier let out a scream like a wounded animal, swinging at the Khal, who dodged it all, before disarming him in the same quick motion and cutting his throat open. Drogo reached down, pulling, what seemed to be, the soldier's tongue from his throat in one quick motion.

He held it up, as the other blood riders began to cheer, before throwing it onto a pile of rotting flesh. Daenerys did not look impressed, rushing forward to touch the cut on Drogo's chest, which looked to be deep.

That was the only issue the Dothraki had. Coren's armour covered his chest, protecting him from being stabbed in a place that could cause a lot of damage but the Dothraki did not do the same. Most had no protective armour, leaving them easily susceptible to being killed through strikes to the chest.

✧✦✧

"Coren, do you think I was right?" The teenager turned from where he was sharpening his sword, looking up at Daenerys. She was chewing on her nail, her pale eyebrows furrowed together. 

"In regards to what?"

"Going against the Blood Riders. I caused someone's death." Daenerys muttered, shaking her head again. 

"Yes." Coren sheathed his sword, standing up to tower over Daenerys. "You were right. The Blood Rider had it coming for not listening to his Khaleesi. That is not your fault if he has an issue with respect."

"I suppose." Daenerys turned, staring up at him. "Promise me something, Coren."

"What is it?"

"If I ever, ever make a poor decision, tell me." Her violet eyes were imploring.

"Khaleesi-"

"You are the only one who has been completely brutally honest with me from the start, despite knowing my heritage." Daenerys sighed, braiding and un-braiding a strand of her hair as she spoke. "I fear that with time, and more power, people will become scared to speak against me so please, please tell me when I am doing something wrong."

"If that's what you wish." Coren bowed his head. "But please do not take my head off if I say something that you do not like. I quite like it attached to my body."

That drew a small laugh out of Daenerys. They fell into silence momentarily, before Coren broke it.

"In return for this promise, can you promise me something?" Daenerys nodded as Coren spoke, watching him as he led her back to the encampment. "Promise me that you will follow the same morals that you showed here today. Protecting those who can not protect against themselves."

"That's an odd request."

"You fear power changing how people act around you, I fear people who abuse those who have no one else to protect them." Coren sighed, shaking his head. "Is that something you can promise me, Khaleesi?"

"Yes." She said determinedly. "That is something that I can do."

"Then we are in accordance with each other."

Hiya,

I just love Coren and Dany and Coren zoning out when important things are happening is a big mood. I'm super hyped, cause we have two more chapters before moving into the new book (which is going to be just as fun).

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx