XXXI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Jealousy

{ Coren }

✧✦✧

𝕮oren stood to the right of Daenerys, watching the three newcomers entered the tent. Missandei and Grey Worm were on either side of him, both tense at the situation presented before them. None of them liked this, Coren least of all.

"Your Grace, allow me to present the captains of the Second Sons, Mero of Braavos, Prendahl na Ghezn, and..." The last man cut Barristan off, stepping forward with a charming smile that made Coren want to hit him.

"Daario Naharis." Coren had this strange feeling that this man was going to annoy him. Another of the captains, Mero, stepped forward, a foul smirk growing on his face.

"You are the Mother of Dragons?" He cackled as Coren placed a hand onto his sword. As soon as Daenerys raised her hand, he'd kill the man because Coren despised his tone and his way of speaking. "I swear I fucked you once in a pleasure house in Lys."

"Mind your tongue." Jorah warned as the captains took a seat on the couches around Daenerys. Coren watched all of them with narrowed eyes, as Mero continued on with his foul tirrade.

"Why? I didn't mind hers. She licked my ass like she was born to do it." He laughed, waggling his tongue at Daenerys though she did not react. "You, slave girl, bring wine."

"We have no slaves here." Coren held a hand out in front of Missandei, stopping her from moving as Daenerys spoke. The man could wait and listen. Perhaps he would learn a thing or two from it.

"You'll all be slaves after the battle unless I save you. Take your clothes off and come and sit on Mero's lap and I may give you my Second Sons." Mero's words caused Coren to cock an eyebrow and look on at the man with disgust. He hated men like this.

"Give me your Second Sons and I may not have you gelded." Daenerys spoke, catching Coren's eyes and narrowing her own. He understood, untensing and stepping backwards once more. "Ser Barristan, how many men fight for the Second Sons?"

"Under two thousand, Your Grace."

"We have more, don't we?" Coren nodded at Missandei, assessing the situation was under control more. She picked the wine up and began to pour drinks for the three captains.

"Ten thousand Unsullied."

"I'm only a young girl, new to the ways of war, but perhaps a seasoned captain like yourself can explain to me how you propose to defeat us." Daenerys took her wine from Missandei's hand, leaning back on the couch and watching them all with cold eyes. Coren could not help but be proud of the woman she had grown into, and her way of dealing with men now. He could remember how she was with Viserys, how she would let him walk all over her.

"I hope the old man is better with a sword than he is with a lie," Daario shot another infuriating grin at Daenerys, before shaking his head. "You have eight thousand Unsullied."