To hear that two were alive, well, that was a surprise. 

"So, why are we their guards?" Coren doused his hair with cold water from the trough and scrubbed through it so that the rest of the hay and dirt fell out. 

"Because, Daenerys is marrying Khal Drogo." Coren paused, turning to look at Jorah from underneath his hair. He and Jorah knew the Khal quite well, but that didn't mean Coren was any less wary of him.

"Poor girl. That's not going to be a happy marriage." Coren placed the bucket on the floor and used a spare shirt to dry the rest of his hair and armor off. "How old is she?"

"Seventeen, I think." Coren pulled a face. "But you know how it is. A lady must marry to better her house. Khal Drogo can provide her brother with an army and the crown."

"Yeah, but still, it's Khal Drogo. He's not exactly known for being nice with his women." Coren reasoned, placing the shirt away as he swung up onto his horse's back.

"That's not our position to say." Jorah replied, before grimacing at Coren's longer hair, and shoddy clothes. "You need a haircut."

✧✦✧

The wedding was being held in a large courtyard, surrounded by cliffs, and Coren was reminded of how amusing Dothraki weddings were, well for him at least. Jorah was too much of a stickler for rules to participate in any of the fight or drinking.

Coren laughed, waving hello to some of the men that he knew as he kept up with Jorah in the crowd. Turning around, he continued to grin as he saw Khal Drogo sitting on top of a dais, looking as intimidating as ever.

His eyes slid to the girl sitting beside him, with stark white hair and violet eyes. She was stunningly beautiful, and Coren's grin turned into the trouble making one that Jorah knew too well.

"Don't even think about it." Jorah hissed at the smaller man, who was always getting him in trouble. "That's Daenerys Targaryen, who's just married the Khal. You will get yourself killed."

Coren's face fell, as the cheers continued and the pair approached the raised dais, where Khal Drogo began to greet them. Coren bowed his head at the man, his knowledge of the Dothraki language still not the best.

"A small gift for the new Khaleesi." Jorah smiled as he handed the books over to her, as Coren stood behind him. "Songs and histories from the Seven Kingdoms."

"Thank you, Ser." Her voice was soft, and she seemed timid. Coren pitied her, knowing that the Dothraki life was one of violence with little compassion. She was going to be eaten alive. "Are you two from my country?"

"Ser Jorah Mormont, of Bear Island. I served your father for many years." Daenerys turned her inquisitive gaze onto Coren, who smiled down at her.

"I'm Coren Thorne. I did not serve your father, but I'll be glad to serve the two of you." Daenerys nodded, still looking utterly out of her depth as Jorah quickly glared at the young man. 

Coren retreated from the dais with Jorah, as Illyrio motioned for something to be brought towards the new khaleesi. Standing next to him, Coren continued to watch Daenerys as she picked something up from a chest that was put down in front of her. His eyes widened at the sight of a petrified dragon egg, having only seen one of them when he was a little child and had first come to Essos.

"Well, that makes your gift look terrible." Coren leant back to whisper to Jorah, who scowled again, as the younger man laughed and grabbed a drink. Coren grinned, before watching as Khal Drogo stood up and stormed off into the crowd, with Daenerys following slowly.

The other members of the hoard began to crowd her, as Coren stepped forward and followed the girl further in. He came to a stop on the outside of the semi-circle, watching the Khal present the younger teen a white mare.

"She's beautiful." Coren nodded, though his eyes were fixed on Daenerys and not the horse. "Ser Jorah, I do not know how to say thank you in Dothraki."

"There is no word for that." Coren cut in for Jorah, taking a sip of his drink. Daenerys nodded, before Drogo picked her up and placed her on the horse, as if she was as light as a feather.

Viserys wandered over, placing his hand on Daenerys' thigh, as Coren watched on. 

"Make him happy." Viserys had this smile on his face, that made Coren's hand twitch. It was the kind of smile that you punched off of someone.

Coren had a feeling already, that he and Viserys were not going to get along in the slightest.

Hiya,

This is the first chapter and I'm super excited to get this one up and going. Coren's kind of fun to write, especially cause he likes to mess with Jorah.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and another update today 

Love Li xx