A funny feeling

It is the day after your conversation with Evgeni and you are getting ready to play the game against the Capitals. You are looking forward to beating Alex Ovechkin. You are the first to the hotel lobby. You are lost in your thoughts about everything that has happened in the past two weeks. Being drafted and then meeting Evgeni. It turns out a lot has happened to you and most of it has been good.

"You seem like you are lost," Iggy remarks as she approaches you. Her remark snaps you out of your thoughts.

"Huh. Oh I was just thinking about the last two weeks and how I feel about them," You respond. Iggy gives you an interesting look. You know she is thinking about something. It doesn't take long for Evgeni to join you.

"Hey Mia, Igg," Evgeni greets you two. There is something different about his mood.

"Hello Evgeni," You greet the Russian. It doesn't take long for the rest of the team to arrive. You can tell that the others are ready for the game. Again Evgeni chooses to sit next to you on the bus. Iggy gives you and Evgeni curious looks. You will ask about it when you arrive. The bus soon pulls into the arena car park. It doesn't take long for the team to make it to the change room.

"Hey Mia, you and Geno seem close," Iggy remarks as you all begin the process of getting ready for the game. It looks like you are not the only one to notice the change in Evgeni's mood. You glance at Evgeni to make sure he is engrossed with getting ready. You get the feeling that you are going to regret telling Iggy but you get the feeling you won't hear the end of it. You have decided that you will leave a trail of breadcrumbs instead of flat out telling her.

"Evgeni and I had a conversation yesterday," You reply as you pull your jersey over your protective gear.

"I'm guessing it went well?" Iggy takes a good guess. You nod as you get to work on getting your skates on. Five minutes later you have taken to the ice. You get to work on the warm ups. You are doing a chase drill with John Marino, Iggy and Evgeni. You get to work on trying to get the puck around John. You pull it through John's legs then you get it around Iggy and you flick it to Evgeni. After twenty minutes of warm ups you are ready to back Sidney up in case he needs it. It doesn't take long for him to be successful. The defence soon gets to work.

"Hey Sid I'm open," You offer as you slip past Ovechkin.

"Ok," Sidney passes it to you. At least you are quick enough to weave around the defence. It doesn't take you long to get to the net. You try your best to confuse Braden Holtby but instead of going to shoot you pass it to Sidney. He uses the opportunity to score. You are happy that you were able to assist Sidney in scoring the opening goal. The next face off is a little more brutal. There is a loud crash as Evgeny Kuznetsov's stick makes contact with Sidney's. You somehow manage to beat Ovechkin to the puck. There is however a wrestling match between the two of you.

"No you don't," You utter as you get the puck through Ovechkin's legs. Ovechkin seems impressed by your effort.

"Mia I'm open if you need," Iggy offers. You pass it to her because you know she will have a slightly better chance at getting it to You, Sidney or Jake. Iggy flicks the puck to Jake through Kuznetov's legs. He tries his best to take the puck but Jake is too quick. It doesn't take long for the puck to get back to you. The good thing is you have a clear opportunity to score. You try your best to get a wrist shot over Braden's leg but he is able to kick the puck out of the way. Thankfully you are able to get control of the puck. You try to score again. This time you are a little more successful. You pump your fists in the air to celebrate. Fifteen minutes later the period has come to an end. The game has tied. You stand next to Evgeni. For some reason you have a bad feeling about the next period.

"Mia, what's wrong?" Evgeni asks.

"I just get the feeling that something is going to happen in the next period," You respond. You start drinking from your water bottle. The feeling is bothering you because the last time that you got a feeling like it there was an injury sustained.

"Relax Sid knows what he do," Evgeni tries to comfort you but it isn't working.

"I know I can't help it," You reply.

"Hey Igg can you tell the other defence members to watch themselves. I've got a feeling that the game is going to turn sour," You decide to let everyone know. It doesn't take you long to let everyone know. It doesn't take long for the next period to start. You get the puck from Sidney who has wrestled it from the new centre. You try your best to get it towards the goal but you are stopped by the defence.

"Jake, Sid. I need help," You call for help.

"I'm open," Sidney confirms. You pass him the puck but as soon as you do disaster strikes. The new centre collides with Sidney. The force sends Sidney flying. You move to help him. There is something very wrong. Sidney has a look you have only seen once before. The medics soon descend on him. It's odd how you are able to predict injuries. It doesn't take the medics long to get Sidney off the ice. You get the feeling that there was more to the collision however there is no point in trying to ask about it. The good thing is Evgeni is quick with the face off.

"Mia," Evgeni calls out. You zip into a better position.

"I'm ready," You confirm. Evgeni passes you the puck. The good thing is you are able to get past the defence. You flick the puck to Jake because you can tell that he has the better opportunity to score. However Jake is unable to get around Braden. He kicks the puck to one of the defence. You all get to work on trying to get the puck back. Thankfully it doesn't take long for Iggy to get the puck back. She soon passes it to Evgeni. You can tell that the centre wants to try his luck with Evgeni. At least Evgeni can see what the centre is going to do. Evgeni braces himself.

"Evgeni I'm here if you need," Jake offers. Evgeni slips the puck to him as the centre forces his elbow into him. He winces. Hopefully the hit doesn't send him over the edge. It doesn't take long for Jake to score. Ten minutes later the period has come to an end. You are talking to Mike about Sidney

"I'm just wondering if Sid dislocated his shoulder," You are asking because you are curious to see if your instinct is correct.

"Yes he will be out for a couple of weeks," Mike responds. You can tell that he is concerned about his star player. You sit down next to Jake because you have the next period off.

"That was good guessing," Evgeni remarks.

"Ya, I seem to have the ability to know if someone is going to get injured," You respond.

"Are you alright? You seem to be coping it as well," You decide to see if he will be ok. He nods but you can tell that he is hiding something. You know it will be a bad idea to pester him about it. It feels like forever but the game starts up again. At least you can just sit back and watch. It doesn't take long for Kuznetov to get the puck from the face off. Everyone soon gets to work on getting the puck back. You are impressed at the all round skill of everyone. It's a pity that the Capitals' new centre was rough. Evgeni gets the puck from Ovechkin. After some back and forth between the forwards Evgeni scores. Thankfully that is the only goal that is scored for the rest of the game. It is the day after the game and you are getting ready to head back to Pittsburgh. Again you are the first in the lobby. It doesn't take you long to be joined by Evgeni.

"Morning Mia," Evgeni greets you.

"Hello Geno," You respond. He sits in the seat next to you. It doesn't take long for the others to arrive. It's odd seeing someone carry two bags of hockey gear but you can understand why Iggy is doing it. Sidney is trailing behind her with his arm in a sling.

"Sorry Sid but I am going to help you whether or not you like it," Iggy responds to whatever Sidney had said before.

"You don't have to do everything Igg," he is being insistent.

"Hey Sid," You decide to save him from the grief that Iggy is giving him. The last person to join the group is Mike. A minute later everyone has boarded the bus. You soon get lost in your thoughts about last night's game. You soon drift off to sleep on Evgeni's shoulder.