9: Heartfelt Feelings ✔︎

Start from the beginning

    "So what's her deal?"

    "Tony don't be so insensitive," Steve insists.

    "Me? Insensitive? I'm not the one who dumped someone in the middle of the freaking living room."

    "Guys," I softy interject. "We don't need to fight. Has anyone talked to Vision?"

    They shake their heads, except for Tony. "Alright, how's he doing?"

    "As well as you can expect. Won't come out with us. I've tried to get him out. Won't budge," he answers.

    "Okay. Well, I'm gonna talk to him."

    I go to get back up, but Steve stops me. "Why did she do this to him?"

    I pause before speaking again, "she didn't love him anymore. Didn't want to continue something that was one sided."

    He nods, as I continue my way to Vision.

    "Hey Uncle Vis," I gently put in the air. He nods in acknowledgment.

    "Just wanted to see how you are. You're okay, right?"

    "Yes Ms. Barnes."

    That's when I know he is lying. He never calls me Ms. Barnes. So with that being said, I go to hug him.

He gratefully accepts the gesture. If the artificial life-form could cry, I believe he would of.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Whatever for, Ms. Barnes?"

I shake my head, "just thought you needed to hear that."

"You have been a great addition to the team, Vera. I'm glad to have you in our presence everyday."

I joke knowing this isn't true, "if you're not careful Vision, I would think you were hitting on me."

"I would never, Vera!" He says astonished.

I laugh, "not like that! You know what never mind, Uncle Vis."

He's confused, but smiles anyway. "Always a pleasure Vera."

"To you as well, Mr. Vision." I say in my best formality voice I can muster. "Now will you join me in the living room with the others?" I ask, extending my arm for him to take.

He hesitates, but in the end takes my arm. "Certainly."

So, we walk. Walk into the living room with the others.

"Hey!" Everyone greets, not expecting me to be able to get Vision out of his room.

"I'm sorry for my behavior. It was uncalled for."

"No need for that. Wanda broke up with you. You have the right to be sad," Steve. Oh Uncle Steve. You would think for an almost a hundred year old man, he would know when to not bring something up.

"Well, who's up for a game of Uno?" Sam really knows how to break and bring tension doesn't he?

"Uno?"

The next hour is filled with Tony and Sam explaining how to play the game, and us playing a few rounds. Clint is not explaining because when he did, he only taught me, Papa, Steve, and Vision how to lose.

"You can't lay down a green five on a blue six!" Sam exclaims.

"Why not?! If you count five then six! And the colors of the rainbow are in order green, then blue! It makes sense!"

"No Papa, it has to be the same color or number for you to lay the card down."

His face contorts into confusion to realization. That's a big duh moment for ya right there.

"For someone as old as you, you'd think you'd know a simple concept. Flipping a knife with ease, yeah sure. But playing Uno? God no!" Samuel.

(A/N let's take a moment of appreciation)

(Alright continuing story)

"You know what I'd enjoy right now? Flipping a knife in to your throat."

Sam jumps up and points at Bucky. "That's a threat! A verbal threat! I feel threatened!"

"He's not going to actually do that, right Buck? Buck?" Steve tries to get my father to agree. He just shrugs.

My father, ladies and gentlemen. We love him.

"I'm going to die," Sam mutters. What makes things funnier for everyone, but Sam is when Bucky just shrugs to that too.

"Lay down the card, Wilson." My dad says darkly. I giggle a little, which makes him break the facade to wink at me.

"Lay down the card, Wilson." Sam mimics, in a high pitched voice.

"Don't make me reach across this table to strangle you."

"Dad!" I yell at the same time Steve shouts, "Buck!"

"What?" My Papa asks oblivious.

"Let's just continue the game. I swear, we can't complete one think without you two bickering." Tony grumbles.

The sounds of footsteps, makes us turn our heads to the noise. Wanda and Nat coming down the stairs, makes Vision tense.

"Vision," Wanda starts. Clearing her throat before continuing, "can we talk?"

He nods and they walk into the dining room.

"The game?" I direct the attention.

A simple, "yep" follows it. "Cool." I respond. The game continuing, a kind of peaceful air settles in.

Author's Note: Ello loves! I'm not Australian, just wanted to um- I'm gonna shut up now. Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment!
- J.S.

11.6.2020
1273 words