End of Fifth Year

Start from the beginning

"When I saw my mother dying, I realized that I got off task. My whole mission was to protect the ones I love, but I ended up helping in the killing of one."

I took a sip of my drink, praying father would still think it's apple juice when I go back in.

"It's not your fault. You know who is the one who killed her, Bellatrix is the one who killed her...not you."

I furrowed my brows together, "You give me advice you can't take? I know you think it's your fault, but neither of us asked to be born into our families. Mother adored you, she'd never blame you and neither do I. But I blame myself for setting my sights off of protection and on revenge instead."

He grabbed my drink from my hands, taking a sip himself. He drank it easier than I thought he would.

"I'm sorry, I know I messed up and I continue to do this every year. I want to know about you (Y/n), because I love you. You are the only person to understand and accept me, so please...stay with me."

I gave him a small grin, messing with the rim of my cup, "I never said I was going to leave you, ferret. I love you too, I was just upset and even more so now."

He took a hold of my hand, rubbing the back of it gently with his thumb. For a second, it made me forget we were at my mothers funeral.

"(Y/n), I'm crazy about you, really. If you're willing to accept my judging family, I will be by your side the entire time."

My smile dropped, and I looked him in the eyes with all seriousness, "Sorry, but the next time I see your deranged aunt, I'm breaking all two-hundred and six of her bones."
-

-

-

-
Draco's POV ~

I said nothing as she told me that. She was my aunt, yes, but I was never close to her. Mother said she wasn't always bad, but I found that hard to believe.

"We should go back in." (Y/n) held my hand as we walked back in.

Mother looked at (Y/n) sadly, seeing one of the last things Arabella left all of us before she died. (Y/n) would change because of this, no doubt, but I will be by her side. Always.

"As you all know, my lovely wife Arabella, was one of the few people who accepted me. She was the light of my life and the reason I started a family. She knew who I was, and she didn't care. It was her and her love for her siblings and friends that taught me, family is power. As long as we have each other, we will live to see another day." Mr. Riddle smiled sadly.

Everyone knew how greatly he cared for his wife, mother talked about them all the time. She always disguised them in her stories when I was younger, trying to prove that true love was real to me.

"My Aunt Aria, she was the kindest woman ever. She never made you feel ostracized, she always made you feel like family if you weren't. When she brought me in, I had lost my mother and father, but she made sure I was happy. She cared for me as if I were her own son, and not a day goes by that I don't think about all she's done for this family. I'll miss her, and her smile."

Everyone was close to tears, because we all knew what he meant. She took in everyone, even if it meant being labeled as a blood traitor by Pureblood families.