1

Y/n's POV.

I came home from school. There were two people from Seoul sitting at the table with my mom. They looked oddly familiar though.

Y/n: "Mom? What's going on?"
Mom: "Come and sit down honey."

I put my bag down and sat next to my mom.
Mom: "This is Yuqi and Lucas from Seoul."
Yuqi: "It's nice to meet you Y/n."
Y/n: "Nice to meet you as well."
Lucas: "We're here because...you've been chosen to be part of the games."
Y/n: "R-Really?"

I wasn't too excited. People die in these games, we're in a arena and we battle till death. Plus I literally just graduated from high school an hour ago.

Y/n: "Why me though?"
Yuqi: "The hosts, they drew your name last night. You must come and represent your city."
Y/n: "When do we leave?"
Lucas: "Right now. Go pack some of your things, we'll be waiting outside in the car."

They stood up and left. I hugged my mom in shock still.

Y/n: "I don't want to go mom. What about you and Kookie?"
Mom: "Go on, don't worry, I'll take care of him. Please try and win. Not for me, but for yourself."

She pulled away and I managed to go and pack some things. Putting on a new outfit seemed reasonable since I just got home from school.

I came down and kissed my mom goodbye

I came down and kissed my mom goodbye. I gave her one last hug before leaving.

On the drive to Seoul.

Lucas: "We will be your mentors this year."
Yuqi: "We may look familiar because we won the games five years ago from China."
Y/n: "I know."
Yuqi: "Don't act all shy, we know what you're capable of Y/n."
Y/n: "Like what?"
Lucas: "You're pretty good with your hands and a spear. That's good to use in the games."
Y/n: "How do you know that?"
Lucas: "We have our ways."

The rest of the drive was quiet. As we pulled up to the building in Seoul where the games were held, there were a lot of cameras and flashing lights.

Yuqi: "Just smile and wave, or at least try. The way to win the games is to get the people to like you."
Lucas: "Yes, you will be meeting the hosts once we get inside."
Y/n: "Okay."

We got out and cameras swarmed us immediately.

Cameramen 1: "How does it feel to be chosen to represent Busan!?"
Cameramen 2: "Do you think you'll be able to win!?"
I smiled at them and kept walking.
Cameramen 1: "Wah! That smile is so contagious!"

Inside.

The building is huge! It held rooms for the tributes to stay in, training centers, and rooms for the hosts. How?

Lucas: "7th floor to the left Y/n."
They led the way to my room.
Yuqi: "Put your things on the bed, we need you to meet the hosts."

I threw my bag on the bed and we went to a room on floor 10. My room was huge. It was like a really big apartment with a big kitchen and dining room. I had a huge room to sleep in too.