I'm Already On The Bench

Jay and Teresa were still on the couch, quietly staring at the TV, when Jay got a call from Voight.

"Fifty-one just called Voight. They got called to Martin Jones' house again, just now."

"Another fire?"

"Yup. Wanna come with me?"

"Hell yeah!" Teresa says standing up.

Jay leaves a note for Will, saying that they got a call and Teresa went with him. Jay drove quickly and stopped at the blocked street. Firehouse 51 was now watering the house that was now completely engulfed in the flames. There were a lot of people in the street, most likely neighbours, especially from the houses next to the one on fire.

Teresa and Jay started walking to get closer and they stopped before getting to Voight next to ambulance 61 where Sylvie and Gabby were taking care of Mr. Jones.

"Hey, is he okay?"

"He took in a lot of smoke. We're taking him to med." Sylvie announces.

"Has he told anyone what happened?"

"He insists on saying it's all just an accident." Casey says as he gets closer.

"Two fires on the same day and four calls in three days is not an accident." Jay says. "We need him to talk so that we can actually help. Right now all whoever did this is being charged with is throwing that Molotov Cocktail because we know they are the same people, but can't actually connect them to this. It could have just been a random act."

"Yeah, well, he's not talking right now. We're taking him to med." Gabby says strongly and then she gets in the ambulance, Sylvie closes the doors and gets in the driver's seat, then driving away.

"Halstead, Logan." Voight calls and they look back at him and Antonio.

"Sergeant." They both greet.

"Halstead, I want you to go to med and get him to talk, convince him that we can help him if he gives us a statement."

"Copy that." Jay says with a nod.

He looks at Teresa and then at Voight, who just looks at him inquisitively, and since Voight doesn't seem to want to say anything else that Jay needs to hear, Jay turns around and goes back to him car.

"You ok, Logan?"

"I'm fine Sergeant. I hope I can help?" She asks, unsure if he wouldn't just send her home since he didn't call her to the scene.

"Yeah, sure. Antonio and Burgess have been taking statements from the neighbors, but Ruzek and Atwater have been keeping an eye on our guy, Jaymes Lowe."

"He's here?"

"Indeed he is. Stayed to watch his masterpiece, no doubt."

"Lieutenant Casey said everyone saw a group of guys both days they came here. Maybe 51 can identify Jaymes and confirm us he was here the two times before?"

"Sure." Voight agrees and they both walk to Casey, who was next to Boden. "Casey. The group of guys you said were lurking here both days you came, are they here right now?"

"Yeah, right there." He says without hesitation and points at a group of guys, not far but not mixing with other people, where Jaymes Lowe was.

"Thanks." Voight answers.

"You got anything on them?" Severide gets closer and asks.

"Yeah. Our prime suspect, Jaymes Lowe, is right in the middle of them." Teresa confirms.