Whiplash-Chapter Six-The Party

WHIPLASH
CHAPTER SIX
THE PARTY

     The doorbell rang once again. Peter went to get it and Emily went to the bathroom. So that just left me sitting uncomfortably in the basement with Jack. "So... sexy," he said trying to drape his arm around me.

     "I'm with somebody," I said, casually shrugging his shoulder off.

     "Oh come on, babe, you know you want me as much as I want you," he smirked.

     "You mean, you're not interested in me because you have a girlfriend?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He laughed.

     "Oh babe, you think I seriously care about that?" he asked.

     "You should, because I do," I said as I walked up the stairs to see what was taking Peter so long. I saw Peter pushed up against a wall by some girl who was trying to kiss him. He was struggling against her grip and when he saw me his eyes lit up. One thought flashed through his head.

     Help me! He thought.

     "Why hello there," I said, causing her to jump. "I would really appreciate it if you got the hell off my frickin boyfriend," I smiled sarcastically at her. She jumped away from him.

     "Told you I have a girlfriend," he growled at her. "Now get out of my house," he pointed towards the door, where three more teenagers were waiting. I waved at them and Peter nodded. "Hey, Amy, Rory, John," he greeted them. "This is my girlfriend Jade,"

     "Hello," I waved shyly, I wasn't very good around new people.

     "Rory," a blonde boy held out his hand, and I noticed that he had a british accent. After I shook his hand, he motioned to a red head girrl. "This is my girlfriend, Amy, and my best friend, John," John had dark hair and was absolutely gorgeous, but I only had feelings for Peter. They walked downstairs leaving me and Peter alone.

     "What did Jack say to make you come upstairs?" he asked.

     "He called me babe, sexy, and tried to flirt with me," I told him. "Should we tell Emily?" I asked.

     "Oh, I know," Emily said behind us. Then she disapeared.

     "Oh. My. Gosh! You're a mutant too!?" I exclaimed. She appeared again and nodded.

     "So, what's your power?" she asked.

     "I'm a telepath," I told her. "And I'm assuming you already know about Peter's?" she nodded once again.

     "Now, I'm gonna go downstairs and confront Jack," she said and we both nodded. Once she was gone I gave Peter a quick kiss on the lips and followed her downstairs, where she was yelling at Jack. He saw me and smiled.

     "So, now that I'm single, you wanna get together?" he asked.

      "Guess what, bitch, I'm not single, so no," I slapped him, then Emily slapped him, then Amy came up and slapped him as well.

     "What was that one for?" he hissed.

     "For messing with my friend's heart," Amy replied and walked back to her spot in between Rory and John. Then I got an idea.

     "One minute, guys," I said as I ran upstairs. "Peter!" I said. "I need your music player!" I exclaimed.

     "Why do you... oh..," he smiled, catching onto my idea. I whispered something in his ear and took his music player.

     "Got it?" he nodded, and I ran downstairs, unplugged the earphones and put on Time In A Bottle that Peter and I had decided earlier would be our song. Then Peter came running downstairs.

     "Jade!" he seemed to be restraining himself from laughing, but he suceeded in pretending to be angry. Everyone bought it, but Jack only smirked. "Give me back my music player!" he growled, and everyone laughed.

     "That was your idea? To steal his music player?" Amy said in disbelief.

     "Yup," I popped the p. I grabbed the music player and kept it out of Peter's reach. He tried to reach it but then resorted to picking me up bridal style and grabbing the tape out of my hands. He then gave me a quick kiss and put it down.

     "No one steals my music player, I would never let them, you guys know that," he laughed. They all joined in except Jack, who was staring open-mouthed at us.

     So she does have a boyfriend. He thought, still having trouble believing. I smirked at him. I got out of Peter's arms and walked over to Jack.

     "Guess what, bitch? I wasn't lying about having a boyfriend," I told him as I once again bitch-slapped him.

     "Now, I suggest you get out before these three lovely ladies decide to kick your ass," Peter said, narrowing his eyes at Jack. Jack huffed and walked right up to me. Peter's eyes widened in fear, but I stayed calm. Then Jack did the unexpected. He grabbed my arm and in a flash I was in a bedroom. It had posters of a bunch of girls and I realized that this must be Jack's room. Jack seemed to be able to teleport. In another flash I was pushed up against the wall by him. He was kissing me roughly, causing me to rithe and struggle against his grip. He let go of one of my arms and started to rub my upper thigh. Bad idea. I slapped him and kicked him in the balls. I saw a flash of silver go infront of my vision and I was soon back in Peter's basement. I looked to my left to see Peter looking at me worriedly.

     "Oh my god thank you so much!" I exclaimed giving him an enourmous hug. Then I gave him a quick peck on the lips and turned towards everyone else. "Now that that bastard's out of the way, why don't we get down to celebrating Peter's birthday?" I asked. They all smiled and nodded and Peter put on some music. He then pulled me aside well everyone else was dancing.

     "What did he do to you?" he asked me. I bit my lip and looked down.

     "Something that I would only ever let you do," I told him. He gasped.

     "Read my mind," he said. I tilted my head in confusion but did so anyways. No one. I repeat, no one, touches my girl, and I have an idea of what I want for my birthday.
     What? I sent back.

     You, it's fine if you're still not comf-
     As long as it's you, I'm fine. I sent him and his face lit up.

     We partied the rest of the night and when everyone went home, we went to my house. I knew my parents were both out on bussiness trips so we could be alone.