Christmas eve with Teddy

Start from the beginning

"Nope! I only remember one thing yous said." Teddy said between messy mouthfuls of food. He almost looks worse than Ron when he eats.

"Exactly, see." I said turning back to Harry to prove my point.

"Arse!" Teddy shouts and claps his hands loudly with a smile while kicking his legs up and down.

"Exactly, see." Harry said back to me, mimicking what I just said.

Oh my, what have I done. Now Teddy wont stop saying 'arse'. I don't think he even knows what it means but still. If he keeps saying this tomorrow at the Burrow, god knows what would happen.

About an hour later, I met Harry in the living room with Teddy and we stepped into the floo.

"Diagon Alley." Harry said and dropped the powder.

Suddenly we appeared at Diagon Alley. It was packed. People running around everywhere trying to get in their last minute shopping.

I heard Teddy whimper at the sight of all the people. He doesn't particularly like very loud and busy places. I looked down at him and held out my hand for him to hold. Harry held his hand on the other side too.

The three of us walked down the busy shopping street hand in hand. Every few steps, Harry and I would move our arms forwards and back which made Teddy swing in the air. He giggled and giggled at this. No longer worried about the commotion around us of festive hustle, he got distracted by all the enchanted toys being displayed in the windows of shops.

"Hawy, Dwaco, can we go in this shop? Pwease?" He begged us as he ran from our hands to the window display of a toy snitch.

'I guess he really does take after Harry.' I laugh to myself.

We went into the shop and Teddy rushed around the small shop, eyes darting all around the room as he discovered new toys. His hair rapidly changed colours showing us he was very excited.

"Hawy, do you think uncle Won would like this?" He asked while holding up a quidditch magazine. When Ron and Hermione come over, Ron spends most of his time telling Teddy about quidditch teams.

"I think Ron would love that!" Harry said to him while bending down to take the magazine from him.

Teddy had the biggest smile on his face and at that moment, I felt so proud. I love these two boys to bits. I couldn't help but let out a smile myself.

Teddy reached his hand up to me and I knew he wanted me to pick him up. So I did.

His nose was pink from being outside in the cold but was slowly getting back to it's normal colour in the warm shop. Harry went to pay for the magazine and the present we decided to get for Teddy.

"What do you want, Dwaco? For Chwistmas?" Teddy asked me.

"I want to spend the day with you and Harry. That would be the best Christmas present ever." I said to him.

He smiled at me and his hair went a shade of pink. I laughed and kissed his soft, chubby cheek. Just then, Harry came back and saw this exchange of affection and smiled at me.

"Don't get too jealous," I joke but really I just made it an excuse to kiss my beautiful fiancé.

"Ew." Teddy laughs as I am still holding him so he basically just got a close up of us.

Harry and I laugh and Harry kisses Teddy's cheek.

"It's not 'Ew' Teddy, It's disgusting." He says while laughing, taking Teddy from me and running out of the shop, knowing what's coming next.

I chase after the two boys I love as they leave a trail of laughs. It has snowed a bit this year so I grabbed a handful of snow and threw it at Harry's back.

After a few minutes of chasing them, we come to a stop to catch our breath.

I take this opportunity to kiss Harry again. It was a sweet kiss and Harry leaned in for more before I smashed another handful of snow onto his messy head of hair.

Teddy let out the loudest laugh I have ever heard and I stuck out my tongue at him in a funny way, mocking Harry's face as the cold snow ran down his neck into his shirt.

We made our way back home and got changed. We were sitting in the living room by the fire, Harry playing with Teddy and his new dolls he recently got.

Soon, it was seven in the evening and it was time for Teddy to go to bed. He didn't take this too well as we tried to take him to bed. He wanted to stay up with us and see Santa.

"Teddy, love, Santa only comes when you're asleep. Tomorrow we can open presents and hang out at the Burrow." Harry said to him in a comforting voice.

"O-ok.." Teddy gave in as we put him into his bed.

Just as we were walking out of the room we heard a quiet voice.

"Dw-Dwaco?"

"Yes Teddy?" I turned to him.

"Please sing it again? Just one mowe time?" Teddy asked in a sweet voice.

Harry looked at me confused but I rubbed the back of my neck. I knew exactly what Teddy was talking about. I knew he wouldn't go to sleep without a fight if I didn't do what he wanted so I slowly went over to his bed and kneeled down next to it. I looked back at Harry who was leaning on the door frame with a smile on his face, ready to watch what was about to happen.

I felt my cheeks go crimson as I turned back to Teddy and started.

"Don't you cry tonight, for all will be alright. Watch as the stars rise and fall before your eyes. We do love you so, more than you would know, so please don't you wince, my little prince." I sang to him. The same tune every time I put him to bed.

That was the first time Harry ever heard that song. Also the first time he ever heard me sing.

"Thank you Dwaco." Teddy smiled tiredly at me as I pulled the covers over him more and kissed his forehead.

"Good night my little prince." I said to him before getting up and walking out of the room.

Harry was just standing there at the door. I don't know what he was doing, but probably trying not to laugh.

As I was getting into my pyjamas, I heard the bedroom door open slowly. I turned and was greeted by a kiss from Harry.

"I didn't know you could sing." Harry said to be between kisses.

"That's because I can't." I said to him.

"Dray." He said, stopped kissing me and looked me in the eyes.

"I heard you just then. I know you just made that song for Teddy and it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and you sang it beautifully." Harry then said and smiled at me.

We then made our way to bed and fell asleep peacefully in each other's arms. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I know I already used that pic before but it's just so cute :)

okie I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I am really proud of it.

Bai <3