Uncle Sirius Everywhere

ابدأ من البداية

"I know, I understand. But you're exhausting yourself. Look at yourself in the mirror, Electra. You're not sleeping nor eating and—" his voice faltered, "When was the last time you saw our daughter?"

"I—" there was a pause and then, "I know— b-but—"

Persephone heard her mother sob, so she opened the door and saw her father hugging her tightly.

Wyatt raised his gaze and met his daughter's sad face. He held out his left arm inviting her to join their hug, which she gladly did.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm so sorry..." Electra said between her uncontrollable sobs, keeping her daughter close to her.

"It's ok, mom," said Persephone, "I know you love uncle Sirius, but if nobody can find him, it's because he doesn't want to be found and he knows how to hide. You cannot keep looking for him blindly. We can try scryi—"

"No!" said her mother.

"But mom—"

"You cannot let anybody know about your Wiccan powers!"

"Elle... It's ok. We can—" started Wyatt.

"No... It's too dangerous."

"Mom, eventually uncle Sirius will find out anyway. If you're going to bring him here, he surely will!" Persephone tried to make her reason.

Electra looked at them with a distraught expression before sighing. "He won't discover anything... because I won't look for him anymore" she said.

Persephone's eyes widened in disbelief. "What? Are you kidding?"

"No, I'm not. Now you are my family and my priority number one. I prefer protecting you and your secret—"

"Elle, I didn't mean this when I said to stop," said Wyatt, "we can find him, so let us help you."

"It's fine. He's smart and talented, he can take care of himself."

"So you're going to abandon him?!" said Persephone.

"Persephone..." Wyatt warned her.

"Don't 'Persephone' me, dad! You know she's wrong—" said Persephone with a frown.

"But it's my decision, Persephone" said her mother coldly.

The message was clear: that was the end of the matter.

Persephone got to her feet and lowered her gaze, before talking again. "Fine. I just came here to say goodbye anyway."

"Goodbye?" her mother asked in surprise.

"Yes, mother."

Electra flinched at that. She hated when her daughter called her 'mother' — not that it happened very often — as it reminded her of her childhood in Grimmauld Place. It had never been 'mom' and 'dad' for Walburga and Orion Black, always only 'mother' and 'father'.

"I'm going to Diagon Alley. Harry is gonna spend the rest of his summer there. He's already there and I'm gonna spend this last week with him, so he's not alone."

"When were you going to tell me?" her mother asked raising a brow.

"I gave her permission, dear..." Wyatt said cautiously, feeling the tension between his daughter and his wife.

"I don't doubt that, Wyatt. I just want to know why wasn't I informed that our daughter was going to leave today."

"Maybe because this is the first time we speak since you left?" said Persephone bluntly.

Electra lowered her gaze feeling guilty.

"I'm really sorry, Sephie. I didn't mean— I can apparate you in the Leaky Cauldron if you want..."