||Magician||

•FIRECRACKER POV•

Immediately after school, I made my way to my dorm. I plopped on the couch, waiting for my devoted little servant. My door opened then closed and I slowly turned my gaze toward him. I turned back around as if he lacked importance.

"Sir-" He whispered.

"Sit." I cut him off and he followed my orders. Oddly he sat on the floor by my feet looking up at me like I just saved his life. A look I still wasn't used to getting. It was weird having someone listen so intently to everything I said. I didn't even have to yell. I thought about telling him I meant to sit on the chair but I quite enjoyed our setup.

"Did I do something wrong?" He stammered looking down at his hands placed neatly in his lap. I was surprised at this subtle display of submission. Though I didn't complain.

"What the fuck no? You're like weirdly good at this weird assistant shit." I reply trying desperately to not think about last night.

My speech was cut off by buzzing from Todoroki's back pocket. He looks at me for confirmation. I give a reluctant nod. As he pulls out his cell phone his eyes fade. With me, he'd usually have a glossy look to his eyes, one of softness and compliance. But as he looked at his phone his eyes went cold and emotionless. Like the IcyHot, everyone else claimed to know.

He picked up the phone after falling out of some sort of trance. I listen to his conversation intently.

"Hello."

"Yes."

After an oddly short phone call. He stares into the ground. It's like a switch was flipped. He stared at the ground with an empty expression. He seemed more normal like this but at the same time weird.

"I have to go." He said it like he wasn't even sure what those words meant. Like he was hoping I would figure them out for him. His sudden switch in personality frightened me honestly. Like who was that person he was on the phone with? What did they say to make him act like that? For some reason, as he stood up he trembled. It sent chills through me that in so few words someone can shake someone half and a half to the core.

For some reason, I felt scared of him. He made his way to my door. Putting on his shoes but before he left. I had to do something or the tightness in my stomach would explode. His entire demeanor made me anxious.

"Half and a half wait-."

I stopped him before he reached the door. I walked over to him quickly. I gripped his shoulder trying to find something to say. To my surprise, he hugged me. He lifted his head placing his lips on mine. It wasn't a kiss, we just sat there like that in absolute silence. He let go walking towards the door. He looked back once more.

I finally realized what the look in his eyes reminded me of. The fear of battle...

_________________________________
•Time Skip• •Third Person Pov•

The next two days after that nobody had seen or heard from the bi-colored boy. Even Bakugou seemed worried. Of course, he had a little more to go off of. But to everyone else, Shoto had just offed and vanished.

Everyone else was freaking out but Bakugou never reached out to him. He never really knew why he just thought it was better that way.

Near the end of day three of half and half's absence, Bakugo got a text.

~

Shoto:
Hey

Bakugo:
Half and half where the hell are you, you're making these idiots worry.

Shoto:
I'm sorry but can. I come to see you.

Shoto:
I know I left suddenly but can I just come to see you? But don't tell anyone I'm coming.

Bakugou: Okay.

The blond was confused about why the idiot chose now to just show up. He just left everyone without an explanation. The blond was determined to figure out what was going on.

______________________________
•Shoto's POV

The air was cooler in the nighttime; it was a refreshing cool not an overly freezing kind. I looked toward the school building. My body was exhausted and my legs screamed in pain but I kept walking.

I walk through the path toward the dorm building. I carefully sneak into the dorm letting out a huge sigh. it was very dark but I couldn't risk someone seeing me by turning on the lights. I used my left side lighting a small flame from my fingertips. My head was dizzy but I continued walking toward the elevator.

I pressed a button and waited. When I got it I winced a little but nothing I couldn't handle. My legs started shaking and I began pleading that they would hold me up a bit longer.

I walk down the hall to his room. Knocking quietly on the door. He opens it, looks at me with wide eyes, and lets me in. As soon as I stepped all the way my legs collapsed under me. I silently thank them as everything starts to fade and then nothing.

I woke up in bed. I opened my eyes praying that the bed wasn't mine. I see Katsuki's face looking off into the distance sitting on the edge of the bed. I pushed myself up with wobbly arms. Why'd I have been so fucking weak? For some reason, as he saw me get up he grabbed me pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Who did this to you." He spoke in such an indifferent voice.

I looked down to see I wasn't wearing the clothes I wore when I came here. I wore one of Bakugo's oversized shirts. If I had on a different shirt...

"You saw, didn't you."

________________________________
•Bakugou's Pov•

I heard a light knocking on my door. Could it be him?
I open the door to see my little runaway standing there.
My eyes widen subconsciously I can tell by the look in his eyes something's wrong.
I let him in and just as I was about to question his disappearance he dropped to the ground.

"Half and Half!"

I immediately kneel beside him. He was out cold lying on the floor. I picked him up when I did and his shirt rode up to his torso. His whole chest was covered in bruises. I lifted his shirt a bit more to see burn marks along his torso. I traced my finger along with the bruises. I almost didn't believe what I saw.

I just stared for a while wondering what the hell happened to him. Who would do this to him? Did he have a run-in with some villains? Oddly though his face and neck seemed to be in perfect condition.

Like they've never been touched. I wipe my finger along his face. A bit of a pale paste was on my finger. Makeup? I immediately took him to my bathroom. I took water from my sink and began to wipe away the makeup. His face too had remnants of bruises that were in various processes of healing. My heart ached for him.

His clothes were soaked in sweat and tiny bits of blood. So I cleaned him off and put him in something more comfortable. His body was so frail and light. Had he been eating? I laid him in my bed. Covering him up gently. Cradling his face I kissed his forehead. His body trembled.

"It's okay Shoto I'm here."

Whoever did this to time was going to pay. I was going to make sure of it.

Before you go I just wanna say thank you guys so much for almost 1k reads you guys are insane. Hopefully, I'll get another chapter out of you guys soon. This one took so long I was busy. Love you all have a good day. ~Lani