Prologue

Mercer Frey sighed as he walked to his home from the secret passage, smiling at the thought of the ones who made everything worth it. He did enjoy thievery, but something else was the reason why. He actually never wanted to pledge his soul to the Ebonmere, but Karliah was too convincing. The reason why was, 1. He wasn't religious. 2. He wasn't a guard! 3. He had others on his mind.

He entered his home, and sighed, smiling as he looked for his wife and daughter, only to frown in horror at what he saw.

Blood splattered all over, the words 'Beware the Forsworn' written over and over again, everything trashed....

"No.". He ran out, yelling his wife and daughter's names, gaining odd looks from everyone, except Maven, who gave him a look of pity.

Soon, he fell, miserable and defeated. "Nocturnal..... Why didn't you take me instead? Just bring my family back...".

Gallus had sworn he looked for his wife and daughter all over Skyrim, but not a trace. Mercer soon became cold and distant, the rage bubbling within. Gallus should have looked harder! If he were Guild Master, he'd-

.... Of course. He needed power. He had heard of Snow Veil Sanctum. The only way to get to his goal.

As he snuck behind Gallus at the Sanctum, he sighed. He had to do it. "This is for you, Diamond...". With a roar, he pounced, slitting Gallus' throat. As he pulled away, his eyes widened in fear. "What.... What have I done?".