s3 e5: "thank you. i don't think i've told you that enough lately"

Start from the beginning

"mom, i'm fine"

"was it a car accident? because i will find the person who did this and i will sue them hell out of them!"

"mom, relax" jackson chuckled, amusement masking his drowsy facial expression.

"okay, okay, i'm chill, i'm chillin" she proclaimed, carefully sitting on the edge of the bed.

"i'm gonna go get a coffee, would you like anything?" kelsey politely asked, pulling the bottom of her wrinkled scrub top past her waist.

"i'm pretty sure you've been worrying and taking care of his hard-headed self for the past 24 plus hours. sit down, relax. i'll call it in" she insisted with a wave of her hand, unhooking the handset from the receiver as she started to dial the cafeteria.

"here, you need to have something other than just coffee" jackson told kelsey as he reached for the menu sitting on the hanging table.

"aht-aht. you sit back" catherine scolded while pointing the phone at his head, pushing him back down before bringing the phone to her ear again.

"i don't want any of this, i'll just get a coffee" kelsey dismissed, looking over the menu before placing it back on the hanging table.

"come on kelsey, you need to eat. it'll make me feel better" jackson coaxed with a smile, bringing a giggle out of kelsey she couldn't control.

"fine" she agreed, shaking her head as she watched his smile grow before flipping the menu open.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐲, 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞" jackson laughed as kelsey held the fork with a few bowtie noodles up to his mouth, turning his head away from her.

"come on, jackson, i'm not gonna finish this all by myself"

"please, you've finished twice as much food as this with not problem" he retorted, pulling a semi-loud gasp from kelsey as shock took over her face. jackson quickly took the fork out of her hand and slid his teeth against the prongs, placing the fork on the plate before looking at her, chewing the pasta with a smile.

"you're lucky you're hurt" she uncontrollably laughed, resting herself against the right side of his body just as the end of the movie played. kelsey smiled, watching the gray-haired couple take each other hand in hand, walking in the middle of the crowded sidewalk, as if they were the only two in the world.

"what are you most excited about getting old?" kelsey asked, leaning up to gaze upon jackson's face.

"doing it with you" he responded, staring down at her lovingly with an almost small smile on his face.

"aw, aren't you sweet?" she teased, letting out a short giggle before nuzzling her face into his neck, allowing him to softly kiss her forehead.

☁︎☁︎☁︎
❝ 𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ❞

"𝐛𝐚𝐚𝐚𝐚𝐛𝐞! 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞!" kelsey announced as she stumbled into the house, pushing the door close and letting her work bag fall onto the floor with a sigh.