38. Comfy, Soggy, Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the lift Takagi-Keiji" The sleuth nodded once they arrived, eyeing the cafe curiously. He didn't think that he'd visited this one before, or at the very least been here due to a murder until now. It was easier to remember places that involved dead bodies.

"Oh Shinichi!" Said person blinked at the familiar voice.

"Good morning Kaito" Azure softened at the sight of the magician, he looked unharmed. He turned towards Saguru "Good morning to you as well Saguru" He tilted his head towards where the obviously freshly killed person was laying on the ground, the blood made it obvious "So who was the killer?" There was a high chance that the case had already been solved by the blond, a shame, but it was better than working with idiots.

Saguru smirked "Manoki-san, the weapon should be in her possession" He motioned towards a blond woman in her late thirties, she was trembling, her gaze flickering between the windows and door "She couldn't have possibly disposed of it yet" Manoki had some blood on herself as well.

Kaito grinned, taking a sip of his chocolate milk. There was no way that he'd abandon it because of a murder that was already solved "I actually saw the reflection of her slicing the throat on my glass" His grin fell a bit, eyes downcast "I was too far away to stop it" It'd been a poorly executed kill, had she actually thought that she would get away with it?

"Indeed" Saguru nodded "I unfortunately don't have my badge on me so we had to call in someone who was on duty" He had figured that it would be fine since it was Kaito, not Shinichi. Unfortunately he'd been wrong.

"So?" Shinichi turned towards the killer, azure dark "Why did you murder that woman" He pulled out his cuffs.

Manoki shivered under the sleuth's gaze, tears beading in the corners of her eyes, she'd messed up "She stole my boyfriend!" Her breath hitched as the accusation left her mouth, now that she had said it, it felt silly. Manoki hunched in on herself, hands clasping her elbows as she shuffled back, mouth dry "I-" She stuttered, rambling a few undecipherable words "Why?" Her voice cracked as she fell to her knees "I just saw her and..." Manoki was sobbing now.

So it hadn't been planned, the sleuth grimaced as he cuffed her "Can you bring her to the car Takagi-keiji?" The officer nodded and took Manoki away.

Kaito had finished off his chocolate milk and was now just holding the empty glass "At least we got to finish our meal before this happened" He had to grasp at any good points that he could.

Shinichi smirked "That's good, because now I have to take statements from everyone" Azure gleamed "Including you"

The magician pouted "That's so boring" He complained.

Me: So a sudden murder fuelled by anger happened~

Hope you enjoyed~

I put down fuzzy :< Pic taken day before

Her cheek was red and irritated the day after so I burrito wrapped her to check her teeth, the one side had started to dig into her flesh >^<

Only place nearby that handles rat teeth is many hours away and would cost a fortune (plus no car) so I prevented her from suffering

She was old and lived surprisingly long considering her genetics were bad (feeder rat and sibling had sudden death days after getting them both)

Baby picture of Fuzzy, before she grew up naked~ her fur was a bit curly, whiskers too >^<