fourteen.

-THIRTEEN-

taking a deep breath, kevin shakily rang the doorbell to hyejoo's house

taking a deep breath, kevin shakily rang the doorbell to hyejoo's house. today was the day he was going to deliver his final gifts to her and confess. well, today wasn't just the day. now was the time. and each passing second only added to his nerves and his thoughts. currently, his thoughts were running wild. there was no end to the amount of feasible, yet completely abstract scenarios the boy's brain was putting him through.

but it all ended at one sound.

CLICK!

the door had been unlocked.

he was now staring into the eyes of the lovely hyejoo. and he savoured it. because this was the last time he would look at her with such loving eyes. the last time he would let himself think of her in any way that isn't a friend.

in all honesty, her hair was dishelved, her eyes were only being willed open by the sunlight and she will still in her PJs. but to kevin, she was absolutely adorable and the basket in his hands was the only thing stopping him from wrapping her into his warm embrace.

"kev?" she asked groggily.

"uh yeah."

"what are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"hyejoo its 2pm.'

'WAIT REALLY?"

after being confused for a second, kevin understood and sighed.

"no, joojoo, not the kpop group."

a small "oh." left her lips and the boy chuckled at her cuteness.

"well, i'm here to give you this." the male announced as he held out his basket.

"oh! thank you." she smiled as she took the light brown basket with an accented baby blue ribbon from her friend's hands.

"welp, i'm off now- bye hyejoo!" kevin announced as he walked off towards his house.

after he heard the faint shout of, "bye!" from hyejoo, only then did he release his breath. this whole thing was supposed to make him feel better, but as of now, he felt worse. much much worse.

his heart rate accelerated as he realised. he wasn't ready to let her go. even after delivery of his rose, he didn't want to stop loving her. all of their memories and secrets shared had just disappeared.

maybe i'm being dramatic about it- this doesn't mean we're not friends anymore.

he did feel a bit less of a burden on his shoulders but, nevertheless, sadness lingered in his heart.

it's okay kev. you can't just chase the same person who doesn't love you back for your whole life. you can find someone else.

but at the moment, there was no one else for kevin to look at. hyejoo was the only one he could look at and, frankly, the only one he allowed himself to look at. being so fond of her for so long would take a long time to undo but that was okay.