Chapter 6

Tony saw Loki walk into the classroom the next day. His eyes narrowed when he saw how pale (more pale than usual) and shaken he looked.

Loki sat down next to Tony. He didn't acknowledge Tony's existence, but ignored him completely.

Loki picked up his pencil with a shaky hand and tried for a whole minute to write down the date, but gave up and put his pencil back down, but it rolled off the table onto the floor.

He cursed and went to pick up the pencil which had rolled under Tony's chair, but Tony picked it up first. Loki looked up at him with a glare.

"Are you alright?" Tony asked.

"Fine", Loki answered stiffly, "give me my pencil."

"No you're not", Tony said,not handing the pencil over. "You look like you're about to vomit, pass out or both. You obviously have the shakes. You're either sick or stressed. Perhaps the school work is getting to you or something. You should take the day off and rest a bit. I'm sure it won't hurt? From what I've heard you're the smartest kid in the school." 'And the hottest', Tony thought to himself. "I'm sure that you could easily catch up."

Loki stared at him as if he'd dropped from outer space.

"What?" Tony asked.

"It's just, you seemed like such an arse when I first met you that I didn't think you could care so much", Loki said honestly.

Tony chuckled. "Yeah well, everyone seems to get that impression when they first meet me."

Loki smiled. It was the first nice gesture Loki had ever really gave him.

Loki held his hand out for his pencil, but Tony held it out of reach.

"Are you gonna take the day off?" He asked.

Loki's smile faded. "I can't."

Tony rolled his eyes. "Please, if it's that important to you then I'll bring the homework-"

"No, it's not that! I just-", Loki stopped short.

Tony frowned. Something wasn't right.

"Loki what's wrong? Why won't you take the day off?" Tony questioned.

Loki swallowed. "I-I'll take the day off if you do."

Tony's eyes widened. "What? Why?!"

Loki shrugged, but Tony noticed how nervous he looked.

Finally Tony nodded. "Alright, fine."

He then stood up in front of the whole class, shouted some lame-ass apology to the teacher, then grabbed Loki's hand and dragged him out the class.