You were near one of the Statues of the Seven Gods- the one placed right in front of that big ol' tree you forgot the name of. Crystalflies were scattered around the area, trying their best to avoid you. They were scared of you, yet you were scared of the nearby hilichurl camps- but judging from their lack of brain cells, they wouldn't notice you were here.

You took a step in front of the huge-ass statue, peering up at its extended arms. You didn't have any of those things that helped worship the statue, so you doubt you could give any offerings.

"H-help!" A voice rang into your ears, making you flip your head around to find the source of the voice, "Someone? I-I got caught in some bramble and got kinda stuck... A-anyone there? Hello? Please... Someone, please help me!"

You cupped your hand and placed it next to your mouth, "Where are you? I'll come to help you."

"Oh, thank the Anemo God!" The voice let out a sigh of relief, "I-I'm behind the tree. Some Abyss Mage tossed me here and was going to come back and kill me after I was left here for a while."

Walking around the stump of the tree, jumping on and off of the roots sticking out of the ground, you heard the rustling of bushes and a very tiny boy caught in bramble as he said. The thorns were poking through his clothes and tearing it up as tears of pain stung his eyes.

Sympathy flowed through your veins, "Oh, you poor little thing..." You dropped your bag full of edible items and bent down to untangle him. He winced a little every time one of the spikes poked his petite skin, making you flinch.

Once you got him loose, you pulled him out and set him against a large root. His glossy eyes still had small tears leaking down his cheeks. Now that you had a few view of the tiny boy, you noticed how he was the same size as Paimon, making you wonder if he was some sort of fairy too.

"Thank you," He muttered, wiping his soaked eyelids with his sleeves.

You pet his head softly, "Are you hungry? I have some Sunsettia fruit." You reached into your bag and pulled out the brightly colored food and a sharp rock you picked up to cut the fruit into small pieces.

He then tensed a little, "Ah- Uhm. I would hate to take your food supply," The boy sputtered as he looked away bashfully, "Thank you though."

"Don't worry. I still have a lot of food back at camp." You took the sharp rock and cut a large portion of the Sunsettia fruit and placed it in his hands, watching his small mouth nibble at it after saying a thank you.

"Do you have a name?" You asked the fairy-looking boy, sitting down next to him.

"No. I was never given a name." He replied, continuing to rub his access tears away.

You let out a low hum as you rested your head on the root, "...How about I name you Kodzu?

In all honesty, you just took Kozume Kenma's gamer name and took out the "ken" part of it. You were just too lazy to think about giving him a proper name.

"Kod... zu...?" He repeated, before glancing up from his fruit and at you. An adoring smile crawled up from his face, "I love it!"

'Oh my god, he's so precious I-' You sputtered in your thoughts.

"GRRAFFFJN. AKSAMEKM!! AKMLDMELW?? ALSKKMSWWWW!!!" Something yelled in the distance, making you shoot a glance around you.

"What the hell kinda noise-" You started before Kodzu started floating into the air.