Chapter Three: Talons and Tea Leaves

⚠️important author's note⚠️
Hello Duckies! 🦆
I'm going under massive editing for this story due to a burst of motivation!
I'll be editing chapter lengths and making sure everything is the correct grammar (to my best ability).
So make sure you know your place on this story because I don't know if your place will shift around as I edit!
Remember to comment and vote!

Massive edit: July 29th, 2021

Natalia and Ron go to the Great Hall and Hermione and Harry go off somewhere with Professor McGonagall and Madame Pomfrey due to Harry fainting on the train.
As the Sorting Hat places new students into their Houses, Harry and Hermione haven't returned.
  "Where are they?" Ron whispered to Natalia as he tries to see if they've returned.
  "I have no idea," Natalia whispered back.

Pretty soon, Natalia went up in front of the whole school with the rest of the Frog Choirs and sang the opening feast song for the year.
Mostly everyone clapped when they finished singing, impressed by their performance.
  No one had missed the fact that Natalia is in the Frog Chours this year. Being best friends with Harry Potter and having a famous family (her mother's family, not her fathers because no one knows about that) makes Natalia well known around Hogwarts. 

Natalia quickly went to the Gryffindor table and sat down next to Ron.
"God, that was so embarrassing," Natalia mumbled as she rubbed her temples gently.
  "I thought you were good," Ron remarked, confused on why Natalia was embarrassed.
  "I didn't know some the lyrics and I had to give my toad to Jessie Thomson because I remembered that I don't like toads," Natalia complained quietly.
  "How do you not remember that!" whisper yelled Ron.
Before Natalia could respond, Professor McGonagall strode up to her empty seat at the staff table, and Harry and Hermione set off in the other direction, as quietly as possible, toward the Gryffindor table.

People looked around at them as they passed along the back of the hall, and a few of them pointed at Harry.
Harry and Hermione sat down in front of Ron and Natalia, who had saved them their seats.
"What was all that about?" Ron muttered to Harry. Harry started to explain in a small whisper, but then the headmaster stood up to speak, so Harry broke off.

Professor Dumbledore, though very old, always gave an impression of great energy. His silver hair was long enough to be measured in feet with his long beard tangled into it. He wears half-moon spectacles that rest on his extremely crooked nose.
He's described as the greatest wizard of the age but that wasn't why the four of them respect him. (Natalia, Harry, Ron, and Hermione)
"Welcome! To another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, i think it best to get it out of the way for you because befuddled by our excellent feast...." Dumbledore began. He cleared his throat before speaking, "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."
"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued. " you did well here with us, let's make it plain that nobody you still have the permission. The dementors are not to be fooled by with tricks or disguises- or even invisibility cloaks," he adds blandly. The four glance at each other.
"It is not in your nature for a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore each and and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects and our new Head Boy and Girl to make sure that no student runs afoul to the dementors."

Percy, who is sitting a few seats down from Natalia, puffed out his chest again and looked around impressively. Dumbledore paused again; he looked very serious at everyone in the hall. No one dared to say anything.
"On a happier note," he continued, "I am pleased to say that two new teachers joined our ranks this year!"
"First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."