II - Start

Just to think that there was a possibility of running into that red-haired girl again... That was enough to cause a rise of anger within him.

His heart was pounding in his chest as he approached the lockers during this time of the school day, but not because someone he liked was around. Thoughts of the possible near future flooded his mind and he couldn't help but smile. None of these thoughts were of bad things regarding this girl... The subject was one action, one action that seemed so simple but was so complicated. Maybe he could pull it off without too much awkwardness if he was lucky enough.

Whatever he was thinking about became irrelevant as he exchanged items between his bag and open locker. One thing he did do was slip out a small notebook and a pen. For a few moments, he stared at the two items held in his hand, then clutched them as his free hand shut his locker door. A small glance was given from the left to the right and back to the left, then he gulped and took a deep breath.

The strap of his bag was clinging to his shoulder as he made his way through the hallway, searching for one person.

He was going to get a number today.

Not much time went by before that moment finally came.

No, he wasn't thinking about love as he smiled and took back the notebook he had handed over, being handed the accompanying pen afterwards.
No, his expression wasn't genuine as he smiled while writing his own number down on a different page.
No, his mind wasn't drifting as he ripped that page out and handed it over.
No, he wasn't feeling jealousy as he observed the smile he received in return.
No... He didn't think that he felt a romantic attraction.

The red-haired girl bowed politely then turned and walked off, and Kiko frowned a bit after she was turned away.

Yes, he merely wanted to make sure that this other boy wasn't going to end up getting into a relationship with a bad person. That was all.

As he turned away and made his way to class, he stared down at that paper.

He was going to be calling a number today.