I - Realization

It was another day of school for every student who attended the place. One student had recently transferred, but his first day was well over.

Class started the same as usual, the same for lunch. Except this time was different.

There was this boy who kept getting the new student's attention... A good-looking one, with black hair and a nice smile. This boy was the reason for breaking the normal routine of sitting at the fountain during lunch and it was this boy who brought a smile to another's face.

So pretty...

For once, the admirer sat in the cafeteria, sitting nearby but not close enough to notice. All he wanted was to sit and talk with this boy, though he couldn't. He couldn't because there were other people around and he was sure that this black-haired girl with a ponytail was staring right at the very same boy he was observing.

It almost felt like...

Quickly, he glanced around to everyone else near that boy. Smiling, socializing. Things going on that didn't reflect onto him and rather created a different feeling.

...Jealousy.

That girl with a ponytail wasn't making a move or saying anything so maybe she wouldn't be an issue, but there was another girlー a pretty redhead with her hair down almost reaching her shouldersー in particular who, upon closer observation, was doing things such as arm touching and elbow nudging.

The feeling got worse.

Hang on, he would have to have feelings for this boy to even feel something so negative... Right? 'Come on, Kiko... There's no need to overthink.'

Leaving his thoughts in his mind, he took a small bite of food after letting out a small sigh. He would remember that girl who stood out the most. Maybe they could talk things out.

As far as the boy he was focusing on, he needed to get the guy's name, and he needed to stop staring... Those eyes were mesmerizing and that smile was precious and that voice was pure music.

He shook his head to rid those thoughts, finishing up lunch in a haste whilst trying not to make a mess or choke. Once it was finished, he left the cafeteria without a word and walked to the fountain that he would usually be sitting at. Staring into the water, he frowned a bit.

Being so happy and positive in class seemed a distant dream when he had this hanging tension to think about. It wouldn't be a problem to be himself... It just wasn't okay for the time being. Taking some time to think and clear his mind could help some, so that's what he decided would be best to do.

The time at the fountain lasted all the way until lunch was over, and that was when Kiko was haunted by thoughts throughout the rest of the school day and even during tennis club, and those same thoughts gave him troubles getting to sleep that night.

Hopefully the next day would be better.