year five: professor umbridge

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, and she was still smaller than you were."

"Draco Lucius Malfoy," she groaned, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration. "If you do not get off your arse--"

Draco raised his arms in defense, his casual smirk returning to his face. "Fine, fine. Would you stop being grumpy? It's not a good look on you."

The Lupin-Black girl rolled her grey eyes, yanking her cousin by the arm once more, this time pulling him off of the bench. As the two Black cousins reached the corridor, Draco whipped around with an appalled look on his face.

"First of all, ow! You could've yanked my arm off." complained Draco, rubbing the side of his arm as he spoke. "Second, what the hell is your problem?"

"My life is falling apart, that's my problem."

His blond eyebrows furrowed, as he exclaimed. "And that made you yank my arm, because? I don't see a connection between the two!"

"The prophecy," she spoke in a low voice, ignoring his previous questions completely. "We're beginning to prepare for whatever is coming forward. And you are helping us."

"Hope--"

"No, there is no talking me or yourself out of this." Hope stated firmly, crossing her arms across her chest. "We are having a meeting tomorrow night, at the Astronomy Tower, and you will be there."

Draco Malfoy only cocked an eyebrow before rolling his eyes and turning around, planning to walk the other direction. However, Hope was faster and pulled him back. "Hope--"

Hope only glared her grey eyes in anger, holding her hand tightly around his wrist. "Don't you dare try and walk away from me, Draco."

"No, this prophecy stuff is happening too fast." he grumbled, not looking his cousin in the eyes. "What that girl showed me before the tournament last year-- I don't want that to happen."

"It's only showing the possibility--"

The Malfoy boy whipped around once more, looking furious. "You of all people know what happened last year, Hope. Milo knew Cedric was going to die, Alexa showed me that weird vision. As of now, we're not a part of anything. We can keep it that way."

"No, Draco. We are a part of things, we always have." she spoke softly, letting go of Draco's wrist. "Voldemort will kill us all, and we have the chance to stop that."

"And we're going to do what tonight? Discuss all of this?" he questioned with his face still keeping its angry composure. "Is someone bringing snacks and drinks to make it a fun little party?"

The Lupin-Black girl began to fumble around, both of her hands in tight fists. "You're right, Draco. Cedric did die at the hands of not Milo, but mine. It's my fault he's dead. We have to fix this."

Draco's face softened, understanding the true meaning behind Hope's want for him to help. "Fix? Is that what you want to do? Hope, nothing in this world can bring Cedric back."

"I know that, but--"

"Do you?" he asked, running a hand through his longer blond hair. "Or do you think if we magically save the world with this damned prophecy that you can resurrect your best friend from the dead?"

Hope only sighed, not looking up from the floor. "Please, just please help us. Please, Draco?"

"I will listen." the Malfoy boy caved, but quickly raised his hand. "I cannot promise to fulfill my so-called destiny, but I'll attend your meeting."