Chapter Forty-Two

PERCY

Did this slimy hairball just ask me if I wanted to be a best man at the wedding of my ex girlfriend that officially crowns him king and gives him a chance to destroy my world? Who even freaking asks that? No! I do not want to go! What the hell. Is he mental? He has to be mental. That is the only explanation for why he would ask such a dumb question. Was there a catch or something.

I almost blurted out no. But something made me stop. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was some type of instinct that made me stop and rethink. If I say no then he wont let me out of this dungeon and I will have to stay in the horribly smelly and dark place and rot.

"So?" He asked, "do you?"

I sighed, putting all of the acting classes I took at camp into this very important thing. "Sure," I replied groaning, "since I'm going to die, I may as well."

Nathan smiled as I opened my eyes. Except, when i opened them, it was completley dark again. I guess I had used it all up. Sighing, i leaned my head against the wall.

"You really hate Annabeth, huh?" He asked, "I mean, not that I'm complaining. I'm glad you dont like her anymore."

Did I not like her? I used to love her. Then she cheated on me with this trash. And I guess the love kind of faded. They do say you never forget your first love. But I kind of forgot Annabeth and I didnt really care about her like I used to anymore. I kind of didnt like her at all. I hated her actually. When I hear her name, I get so mad for some reason. Its hard to explain. Its like this sudden anger comes out of no where and circles around me. I just hated her.

"I do," I replied bitterly, "I really, really do."

Nathan laughed. I could hear his feet hit the stone floors as he walked out of the dungeon.

I really hated Annabeth. I hated everything about her. I cant explain what it was because i dont even know what it was. I just knew, I pretty much wished she would die already. 3

LEO

"Why is no one talking?" I asked everyone that was in the car, "Thalia isnt zapping me with lightning anymore, the stolls aren't being their usual annoying selves, Zack isnt saying anything to piss Trini off, and Trini isnt pinching the crap out of him to where you can see tears and oh my god Thalia and Trini are so alike that its scary." 1

The stolls snickered but Thalia and Trini were unamused. They just glared at me. "Just drive, Leo," Thalia commanded.

"Whats the magic word?" I asked.

"Drive or ill cut off your wrists and drive myself," she replied.

I coughed. "Correct," I said, queasily.

"Leo is right though," Travis said, "i dont want to spend the end of the world being silent. Its so weird."

"No its not," Thalia replied, "we need to focus. Not do whatever crazy idea thats about to come out of your mouths."

We should sing," Connor replied, ignoring Thalia, "what should we sing?"

"You did not just ask that!" Thalia yelled but it was too late.

I immediatley turned on the song "Just like FIre" and me, the stolls, and Zack started singing really loud and high pitched and Thalia just looked like she wanted to murder everyone in the car while Trini just closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

Ha.

Thalia definitley loves me. 1

TRINI