5

Is Theo Williams transferring to Portland?

      Soccer Nation

The 23 year old midfielder plays for Arsenal FC in the English Premier League and on the England National Team. Williams has played with Arsenal for the past two seasons. Before he played with Manchester City with his twin brother Benji Williams. In his first ever season the midfielder took home rookie player of the year with Manchester City. Born in London, England Williams and his family moved to the US when he was little. He grew up playing for USA youth national teams with his brother before they switched to England.

His sister Charli Williams recently asked to be loaned out to Portland Thorns FC from Arsenal WFC. His sisters post about the loan sparked rumors about Theo's departure when he commented "wherever you go I'll follow...". Could this mean the Portland Timbers will be welcoming a new player soon!?

@TJWilliams9 Due to family matters I am excited to announce  I will be joining the Portland Timbers FC for the rest of the 2015 season! This season something happened in my family and until that problem is solved I will remain with the Timbers

Tagged @PortlandTimbers

Liked by @CAWilliams12, @BJWilliams21, @PortlandTimbers and 3,768,163 others

@Aresnalfan So we lost both Williams in one season😭

@ManCity21 Wait please tell me Benji is going to stay with @Mancity.

@PortlandTimbers Welcome to the family @TJWilliams9 

@BJWilliams21 Due to family matters that will remain disclosed until discussed I have decided to transfer to the Timbers in the MLS for the remainder of the 2015 season!

Tagged @PortlandTimbers

Liked by @CAWilliams12, @TJWilliams9, @PortlandTimbers and 2,679,879 others

@PortlandTForlife PORTLAND HAS ALL THE WILLIAMS SIBLINGS!!!!

@TJWilliams9 Hey teammate @BJWilliams21

@PortlandTimbers #21!!!