Ⅲ only practice

𝖓𝖘𝖋𝖜!!

𝖘𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖞: rose and luisa are roommates in a boarding school...
𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙: 4139
𝖙𝖜: smut + mention of homophobia, hate crime, and suicide in the end!!
𝖆/𝖓: in janes book 'snow falling' is the mention of an all-girls boarding school, where rose and luisa (lucia and sondra in the book!) meet/fall in love. i got inspired and wrote this! <3

oh and it takes place in ca. 1900! 

A knock at the wooden door interrupted Luisa's thoughts, as her pen scratched over the, mostly empty, paper.

"Come in!" she called, not facing the doorframe as she wrote down the first sentences of the letter to her father.

She hadn't seen him in a while, since the tight schedule of lessons in school didn't allow the young woman as much free time as she secretly wished for.
Luisa knew that going to an expensive school like hers was a privilege and she shouldn't complain about it, however, not seeing her family was bothering her from time to time.
She always felt like one part of her was missing.

"What are you doing in here, Miss Alver?" a voice spoke jokingly, as a redhead entered the room.
The girl carried an oil lantern with her, chasing away the shadows around Luisa.
"I am writing" she simply said, now placing her pen on the nightstand to face her roommate.
"Writing?" the redhead shook her head in disbelief as if she couldn't tolerate the behaviors of the younger woman.

"All the other girls are downstairs, locked in Nadine's room!" she lowered her voice as she went on. "I think she stole a bottle of Miami's best wine!"
Luisa raised a brow, but when nothing followed Rose's statement, the woman rolled her eyes.

"This really does not sound like a good idea to me. The taste of alcohol is horrible. And I am quite sure that the teachers won't like it if-"
"But the teachers are asleep! They won't catch us!"
"Thank you Rose" she flashed a gentle smile. "But I'm good"

The redhead exhaled. "It won't be a lot of fun without you. So I guess, I will simply stay here"
"You're free to go! You don't need to have a boring night, just because I didn't want to-"
She shook her head.
"I'd rather keep you company. And maybe you're right..."
"Fine by me" Luisa spoke as she picked up her pen again, continuing to write her letter.

Rose placed the lantern on the bedside table, before walking to the wooden closet in her side of the room.
"Would you mind if I changed quickly? I think your nightshirt looks a lot more comfortable than my dress"
„N- No" she bit her tongue, as she noticed the stutter in her voice. "Of course not" 

The redhead nodded as if she hadn't heard, before turning back to grab her nightshirt.

The brunette couldn't help herself but stare at the gorgeous redhead, as the woman began the process of undressing. 
She tried to focus on the unwritten letter in front of her, but not a single word came to her mind when Rose's legs, hips, and back revealed to her. 

The shadows danced in the places the light of the oil lantern couldn't reach and made Rose seem like a goddess.

Her gaze tracked up the pale skin of her roommate, as the young woman tried to keep the inappropriate thoughts out of her mind, that made her feel dizzy. 

Rose's skin looked incredibly soft, even from the little distance, and Luisa couldn't help herself but wonder what that body might feel like if it was all pressed up against hers. 

She would like to control her mind better than that. 
It was not appropriate for a lady like her to think about another woman the way she did. 
Especially not about her roommate, who should be like a friend to her. 
Deep inside, Luisa knew that she wanted Rose to be so much more than just a friend and that her heart, her body, her mind, and her soul ached for the redhead. 

Rose was her deepest desire and there was this feeling that she could not deny.
The feeling that longed for the woman and her touch. 
And yet, Luisa had not been brave enough to discover this yearning for Rose any deeper.