6. The Dream Job.

Elle POV

'Knock knock', my fingers paused over the keyboard and I looked up to find Lee standing at my office door. Clearly some of us were working harder than others today.

'Hey', I smiled as I pushed my chair away from my desk and stood up to give him a hug. 'What are you doing here?'

'I had a meeting across town with some designers and thought you might want to grab lunch? I wanted to surprise you. I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!' he started as I motioned for him to take a seat on my comfy couch.

I walked back to my computer screen and brought up my schedule for the afternoon. I had about two hours before my next appointment.

'You got very lucky. My next appointment is at two. So let's lunch!'.

Lee beamed and made a hurried motion for me to grab my things. I clicked my computer screen off and grabbed my bag as we headed out of the office and to the elevator.

'Hang on, you saw me on Monday. What do you mean you never see me?' I said as I hit the button for the ground floor and crossed my arms.

He shrugged, 'I know, but considering I used to see you all day everyday and then I had to get used to you being in Boston for four years, can't I be glad to have you back in LA? Besides - if your not working your with Noah and that dude hogs you way too much'

I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

It was a gorgeous LA day as we headed out of the LA Children's Hospital and to a local cafe.

Yep. Noah and I were back in LA.

For good.

It wasn't the easiest of times when Noah graduated. I still had a year to go but had managed to secure a job as a child psychologist in LA.

Noah wasn't as lucky.

The company he had been working for at the last minute pulled the plug on the promised job opportunity. To say he was pissed off was an understatement. Despite graduating pretty much at the top of his class, he still needed to work his cute butt off to secure something. After various Zoom interviews, followed by too frequent trips back and forward from Boston to LA, he was finally able to secure something with Grey Engineering and he absolutely loved it.

I was so proud of him!

In High School, people always thought that things came pretty easy for Noah Flynn, they didn't realise how hard he had to work behind the scenes to make them happen.

Lee and I chatted as we headed to our favourite cafe. This is the one we usually hit up whenever he came to surprise me at the hospital. Boston Children's was sad to let me go, but I wanted to head back home. All our family was here, our friends were here and life in LA had so many memories attached to it, that I wasn't ready to let go.

I currently specialised working with children ranging between 8 - 16 and had been inundated with appointments all morning. Some children chose to see me solo, others still wanted their parents close by. I loved working with the kids and even though at times some parents questioned just how qualified I was given my age, sometimes kids just wanted to talk to someone who got them and knew who 'Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello' were or how much it sucked that Tony Stark had died in Avengers.

'What was the meeting about this morning?' I asked as we were seated at a table in the sun. I pulled my sunglasses on, just as Lee did before appraising the menu.

'Just a developer meeting. Needing to make sure that the game is hitting the targets and blah blah blah. These people have no faith in me, seriously' I laughed, as the waiter set down our drinks.