𝗚𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘀 {𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳}

Hey, Lovelies! As you can see, I didn't put the type of one shot because... well, I don't know what this is. It's like fluff and angst combined but more of an angst? Idk. Anyways, I'm gonna start doing this question of the day thing and, You can respond in the comments 🤗!

Here's the question for today: What's your favorite candy?

There's that and, here's the story! Happy reading Lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cedric! What's wrong with you?!" You screamed

"Y/N! I can take care of myself, thank you!" He responded.

"Well I apologize for actually caring!"

Then there was a moment of silence. Not peaceful silence but, silence and tension and anger in the air.

"How come you didn't tell me..." You said in almost a whisper only loud enough for the brown haired boy to hear you.

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me before you put your name in the goblet of fire?" You asked, trying to sound as peaceful as you could. 

"I-I don't know... I'm so sorry, Y/N..." He whispered as he came closer to you and wiping the salty tears off your face with his thumb. As he enveloped you with his strong arms, you sobbed into his chest. You didn't want him to leave you. You didn't want him hurt because of this stupid tournament. All you wanted was to be with him for the rest of your lives happy and healthy. Not dead.

~~ TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY DUMB OLD DOOR ~~

"Darling, I'll be perfectly fine," Cedric assured you, giving you one last hug before heading off. The thoughts in your mind seemed to be fighting each other. Do I persuade him not to compete? No that'll piss him off. But he might get hurt! So? He might not live through it! He'll learn his lesson! Not by dying!  Your mind kept battling itself. You didn't realize that Cedric was down in the gigantic pit. With the dragon. 

Y/N's P.O.V.

I kept zoning off into space as I had come to a sudden realization. Cedric was going to die. The love of my life would leave me. I stood up from my seat next to Hermione Granger and left the stands silently sulking. I noticed the brown haired girl shoot me a look of confusion but, I decided to ignore it. I didn't want to have to see him. I've always wanted to be by his side and I felt like I should've been with something like this but, I didn't want to be. I couldn't bare seeing him get hurt. 

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

"Y/N?! Y/N?! WHERE ARE YOU?" You heard Cedric exclaim. You hid in the corner of the girls dorms and cried with your head in your knees. You couldn't convince yourself that maybe Cedric could handle himself. Just maybe he wouldn't end up hurt. You didn't want to have to think that way yet, you just couldn't stop thinking about it. All of a sudden Cedric entered the room. You expected to see him looking furious, seeing as you left the stands when you promised to be by his side at all times. Instead, he looked calm but, concerned.

"Love, what happened?" He asked in a calm, cool voice as he crouched down to look you in the eyes. You wished he didn't have to see you looking like that. You looked back at him with your puffy, red eyes. You tried to respond but all you could get out were mumbles and whispers.

"I-I— I d-didn't wanna l-lose you..." You muttered. He only looked back at you with a small smile.

"I won't get hurt Y/N. I'll promise you that. I told you, I'd always be by your side. No matter what,"  He whispered back giving you a kiss on your forehead. Your stomach seemed to melt as his lips made contact with your skin. You loved the feeling but you couldn't seem to focus on the feeling. 

"Y-you know I love you... right, Ced?" You mumbled. 

"Of course and I love you too but, I need you to understand that I can take care of myself. You don't need too watch over me, love," he responded. His words brought a slight smile to your face but you felt like you couldn't show any signs of happiness. It didn't feel like the time. The fluffy haired boy looked at you looking sad. Not as sad as you have previously been but, he still seemed hurt. You didn't want to see him like that.

~~ lolol 13 YEARS LATER~~

"I'm telling you! She was gorgeous! Her voice was soft and, she was so kind..." The ghost rambled. He was speaking to a 1st year who laughed at his story. He described a beautiful girl with [your hair color] hair and [your eye color] eyes. She sounded lovely. The small girl smiled softly at the ghost as he started to float away. He stopped, and came back to the girl. 

"What's your name again?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, it's Marina Y/L/N," she responded chuckling a bit. The ghost looked back at her, smiling from ear to ear. 

"Your mother," he started. "Was a goddess."