Chapter 3

Maya felt the sun's rays of light shine against her nose. She pulled her blanket up and over her face until it left her with nothing but the tint of darkness that came with it.

She was exhausted. She had spent her night up for a few reasons, so this was the perfect time to sleep in.

Saturday. No real business to cater to. No rush to deal with. Just a bed and some cozy sheets and blankets.

Saturday.

Saturday!

Maya popped up. Her hair a wild nest on top of her head as she searched frantically through the sheets for her phone.

She found a few text messages on it. Most of them coming from the maid of honor and one coming from the bride to be.

-Are you up?!

"Damn it." She rushed out of bed. With her ankles twisted up in the sheets, the only place she could go was down.

She hit the floor with a loud thud.

She crawled across the floor towards the bathroom. She lacked the time for a shower, so a bird bath was on her agenda.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She did not turn around to address him. Instead, she kept crawling.

"I'm late." She finally climbed to her feet. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"How am I going to wake you if I'm still asleep too?"

Maya cursed Zeiden a few times before she rushed into his bathroom.

"What do you guys have planned anyway?"

"We are meeting with the wedding planner to go over a few things." Maya explained through the crack of the door. "Color choices. Themes. Other things that need to be handled."

Maya brushed her teeth before she tied up her hair.

Zeiden rolled over. He was determined to go back to sleep, however Maya protested. She climbed on top of him before she attacked him with kisses.

"Stop. I'm going back to sleep." Zeiden complained. "No, you're not. You should be up too."

"Why? Guys do not have to deal with shit like that. We just show up in suits and that's it."

Zeiden pushed Maya away however she continued to fight back until he pulled her down to him.

"Get up."

"No." Zeiden blessed her with her quick kiss to the cheek.

"Dumbass." Maya climbed out of bed before Zeiden pulled her back.

"You can always stay with me."

Maya shook her head.

"And risk people finding out about us?" Maya rolled her eyes.

"We can just lock the door and be quiet and nobody would know."

"Quiet?" Maya's eyebrow curved upward. "We seem to be far from quiet."

"Quiet enough to go unnoticed."

Zeiden embraced her with a hug before he placed a soft kiss to her shoulder. Maya felt her body freeze; her head now tilted in his direction as she fell into his touch.

That was all she seemed to feel lately. All she could feel was her body drowning in his hold.

Am I in love? She would ask herself every time she thought, spoke, or even wrapped herself up with him.

But how? How can I be in love with a man I cannot be with?

He is a rouge. Well...was.

It was a childish thought, but still a thought that crossed her mind many times.

Would he feel the same?

"You okay?" Zeiden became concerned when he noticed the estranged look on her face so suddenly.

"Yeah." Maya climbed out of the bed.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." Zeiden watched in uncertainty as Maya rushed out of his room.

He was forbidden fruit to her. A man who she was so drawn to, but it was impossible for her to be with him.

What would her family say?

To them, Zeiden was still an outcast. A dangerous boy living under the Alpha and the Luna. A boy they kept warning her about.

Maya ran downstairs before she met the girls, who were making their way out the door.

***