Chapter 2

Brent scrolled over his phone as Jessica slipped on her jeans and a sweater.

"What are you doing?" Brent glanced up at her.

"Um getting dressed. Which you should do too." Jessica tossed him a pair of pants and a shirt.

"Why? It's Saturday." Brent rolled over as he prepared to make himself comfortable in bed.

"You will not spend all day in the bed." Jessica tended to her hair. "And besides, Aniyah asked the girls to join her today. The wedding is only around the corner."

"I think weddings are too much." Brent expressed.

Jessica looked at him. Her eyes squinting as she stared at her oblivious mate.

"So, you don't want a wedding?" She questioned; her facial expression warning to him to answer correctly.

"Yes?" He caught on.

"Good." Jessica turned away. "Because honestly, a wedding is not for men. Mostly for woman."

"But men are financially involved and are expected to show up on time." Brent sucked his teeth.

"Correct."

"Bunch of bulshit." Brent climbed out of bed before he walked into the bathroom and turned on the water.

"Aren't you the maid of honor?"

"Of course." Jessica grinned with excitement.

"So, what do you have planned?"

"Planned?" She questioned.

"You know, a bachelorette party." He yelled from the other side of the bathroom door. "Isn't that like the maid of honor and the best man's job to plan?"

Shit. Jessica thought. That was considered the job of the maid of honor, but she had nothing planned.

"What do you guys have planned?" Jessica asked.

"Not sure but Allen said he has it covered."

Jessica stepped into the bathroom. Leaning against the door frame, she watched Brent through the clear glass of the shower door.

"Strip clubs?" Jessica questioned.

"Strip clubs?" Brent found her question to be humorous. "We are wolves, not horny boys."

Jessica picked up her hoodie before she slipped her arms through it and zipped it up.

"I'm not sure how I'm going to survive a winter wedding." Jessica complained. "I can barely survive fall."

After kissing Brent goodbye, Jessica walked out of the room to find the rest of the girls.

***