CHAPTER ELEVEN

CARTER WHITE

The next month was just a mess. I talked to my father ever so often and he said he was having a really good time in Africa. Helping people made him feel good, and I never wanted to take that away from him. I was fine, honestly. My dad came back a week before school began and stayed for about four days before breaking the ‘good news’. He got offered an amazing position in a clinic in Haiti. He said he was going to pass up the job but I convinced him to go. I missed my dad, sure, but what he was doing was more important; and I say this with complete sincerity. I finally turned eighteen and my dad was wiring money to pay for the apartment form Haiti. Clarissa’s move was postponed for a month and a half because they were still working out the paperwork for the house; for that I was utterly relieved. I was so glad I didn’t have to deal with her for another month and a half. Kadence and I continued being sex friends and still are. Sadly, I think I actually like her. Why is this bad? Usually finding a girl I really like is good; I mean I’ve been waiting for that for a long time. The bad part is, Kade doesn’t feel the same. It’s all sex to her. Yeah, we’re really good friends now but I still think she doesn’t see me as much more than a piece of meat. School was tomorrow and I was actually excited to see what Forest Hills High School was like. I guess I’m going to find out tomorrow. I already got my schedule in the mail. The only part I was bummed about was Clarissa moving here and going to FHHS, too. I decided that when she got here, I would break it off completely. I mean, we weren’t even going out anymore but I knew that she’d try to get me back when she came to New York. I didn’t want a girlfriend right now. Even if I liked Kade, I wasn’t sure I wanted to be with her either. I was going to a new school and I might find a different girl there. Or, I might just have girls falling all over me to the point I won’t even want anything but sex. We’ll just have to wait and see.

- - -

“Kade, shut the alarm off!” I yelled for the fifth time. 

“Fuck! Don’t get your panties in a bunch!” she screamed as she slammed her hand down on the snooze.

“Kade, we’ve got to get up. We only have an hour to get to school,” I said mid yawn.

“Mmm, five more minutes...” she said groggily before shutting her eyes and snuggling closer to me. Kade had been sleeping over my house almost every night for the last month. Her mom never really noticed and my house was empty anyways. We didn’t even have sex as often as we used to. I considered her my best friend now; we hung out everyday. School was starting and I was scared I’d lose her to someone else.

“Nope, get up,” I said a little louder as I climbed out of bed.

“No, I refuse,” she whispered and turned over. She’s not much a morning person.

“Don’t make me do something drastic, Kadence Ellie Petrov!” I yelled putting my hands on my bare hips.

“Try me,” she said as she rolled over again. I ripped the blankets off of her and she cried out. 

“My warmth, it’s gone!” she said with a pout.

“Up, now. You have to make me pancakes. You promised,” I said mimicking her childish pout.

“Fine...” she trailed on as she got out of bed. She made me pancakes and then went home to get dressed. I slipped on a pair on dark jeans with cuffed bottom, my brown leather loafers and a red plaid shirt. I met Kade in the hallway as me both locked out doors. 

“Let’s take my car,” I suggested. I had a cherry red classic mustang convertible. Chicks usually went crazy for it.

“You mean the chick magnet? ‘Kay,” she answered. She was wearing pair of high waisted, ripped jeans shorts with one of my plaid shirts tucked in and a brown leather belt with a pair of brown heeled oxfords. She looked me over briefly.