Chapter 05

SILAS

"What if she rejects you?" My Beta, Xander Payne, asked with concern lacing his words. He didn't have ill intentions, obviously trying to look out for his Alpha but my wolf didn't take to kindly to what he asked.

A growl vibrated in my chest, a warning growl telling him that he better tread lightly, "She won't. I won't allow her too." I simply stated, my wolf stirring at the thought of not having her.

Not again, this won't happen again.

"You can't force her to accept you Silas. From what I heard, she had a mate before and she still seems very connected to that mate," he pointed out, leaning back into the brown leather couch he was seated in. He had his left leg resting over his right knee, elbows resting on the arm rests, and fingers laced in front of him. Clearly, his stance screamed business mode, trying to tell me that he was just stating the facts of the situation.

My wolf felt jealous of the strong bond she had with her past mate. I knew that was uncalled for but I couldn't help it and neither could my wolf. She was going to be mine now, only mine and I'd raise Hell from beneath my feet to make that possible.

"Her mate's dead and unless she wants to kill herself along with me, she won't even think of rejecting this bond," I gritted, pacing across the freshly waxed hardwood floors in the room. The guest room they had put me in wasn't that bad. It's navy blue and silver color scheme was comforting.

"You both have got stronger wolves than the rest of us or maybe its just the Moon Goddess' way of giving you guys a second chance. Either way, there's no certainty that your wolf would die or her's for that matter."

I stared at the white door that led to an adjoining bathroom directly opposite the bed. The large, square-shaped window allowed an ample amount of light to seep into the room. It was a normal room layout, window facing the entrance of the room, bed in the middle - against the right adjacent wall - and bathroom on the left. Closer to the window were two brown leather couches, overlooking the view of the forest.

Running a hand through my already disheveled hair, I groaned, "When I came here, I expected to sign that God damned treaty and leave. Not more than two days was meant to be spent here and now I'm stuck here for a week."

"You'll be home soon, Silas," Xander soothed, knowing exactly where my mind was going.

With a sigh, I relaxed my stance, "This is going to be one long week."

To that, Xander chuckled, "Yes it is," his bluish-green eyes landed on something outside the window, lips quirking into a little smirk.

I followed his line of sight and found him staring at the dark haired woman who dared to step in my way earlier today, "Mate?" I asked with a raised brow.

He shook his head, "No. I don't think the mate thing is for me anyway," he informed, "but she is a peculiar little thing isn't she?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "She had the guts to stand up to me for her friend. Her loyalty is strong to her pack members I guess. Doesn't make her any different from the rest of the people in this pack or ours for that matter."

He shook his head yet again, "No, look. She's on that phone of hers as if her life depends on it and she's about to go for a motorcycle ride instead of running like a normal wolf. And didn't you say that was the first wolf you spotted in the club last night before you found that mate of yours. Peculiar doesn't begin to explain that woman."

I rolled my eyes, "One of your conquests then?"

"Maybe," he met my gaze, "I have a lot more important issues to deal with right now. But if I have the time, why not? She's not mated anyway."