Chapter One: Four Thirty AM

Well, book two! I'm really excited to start this and I hope that you enjoy it. I wrote most of this chapter in detention, which was really pointless. I "left class early" but the bell rang. Whatever. Anyways, here it is!

Chapter One: Four Thirty AM

James Sirius Potter woke up to the sound of his mother yelling at him... again. He rolled over in his bed, sat up, and looked out the window.

The sky was still black with few stars and a bright moon. James blinked, trying to figure out why his mum was waking him up this early.

The cup! he thought excitedly.

"JAMES SIRIUS POTTER! IF YOU ARE NOT DOWN HERE IN FIVE MINUTES-!"

"I'm up, mum! Merlin, give it a rest already!" he yelled, quickly jumping out of bed and changing into Muggle jeans and a T-shirt.

He yawned as he stumbled down the steps.

"What time is it?" he heard his younger brother, Albus, ask their mother.

"About four thirty," Ginny replied, setting a plate infront of him as James appeared through the doorway. "About time!" she said, looking up at James.

"Yeah, yeah," James mittered, sitting down next to Albus, who was now eating pancakes.

"Mummy, what did you do with my pink Muggle suitcase?" Lily asked, poking her head through the doorway. Her red hair was in a high ponytail and her brown eyes had a bit of worry in them.

"I think your father set it in the-"

A loud pop interupted Ginny and Lily jumped.

"Hello!" Sam said, smiling brightly at everyone.

"Hey. Did all of you have breakfast? I made extra pancakes, just in case," Ginny said.

"Mummy! Where?" Lily whined, stomping her foot.

"Check your-"

Pop!

"Really?" Ginny shook her head as Hermione, Ron, Rose, and Hugo appeared in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place.

"I prefer floo powder," Rose said, turning green and looking very much like she as about to be sick.

Hugo, on the other hand, looked up at his father, beaming, "That was wicked! Can we do it again?"

"No, Hugo," Hermione said, "Not now." She led him to the counter.

"Lily! Come eat and I will find your suitcase," Ginny called.

Lily slowly walked down into the kitchen, frowning at her mother, "Where is it?"

"Lily," Ginny said sternly, "Eat. I will get it."

"Fine," she grumbled, sitting down next to Hugo, who was currently drowning his pancakes in syrup as Ginny dissappeared through the doorway.

"Lil, why are you so whiney of a pink Muggle siutcase," Hugo asked, smirking slightly.

"They're girls," James replied before Lily had the chance to, "Who knows how their minds work."

"That's very rude, James!" Rose exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Lily agreed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sam? What's Hogsmeade like?" Albus asked, changing the subject before a full blown war could break out between them.

"Bloody awesome!' Fred replied, looking over at his sister.

She nodded, "It's brilliant!! Pretty nice, since dad has a store there now, too.

"Now I can't wait until third year," Rose said, a dreamy glaze covering her eyes as she stabbed her pancake with a fork.

"We're not even sorted, yet, Rose," Albus said through a mouth full of food.

"Atleast you get to go to Hogwarts!" Lily said, continuing the fight that had been going on ever time the school had been mentioned.

"Do you reckon we'll have any new professors this year?" Fred asked.

"I dunno," James said, "Maybe. But I know for a fact that Brunnymack helped Yaile try to kill me and my friends last year. I doubt he'll be back."

"Why would they bring him back if he tried that? To kill you, I mean," Sam asked, pursing her lips in thought, "C'mon, McGonagall isn't stupid. That's a fact."

"We know that, Sam," Fred said.

"Yeah," James agreed.

"Brunnymack is a stupid name," Hugo commented.

"I've noticed," James replied, stiffling a yawn.

"Lily!" Ginny called, "Would you like me to pack-?"

"Coming, mum!" Lily called quickly, blushing as bright as her hair. She jumped up, not even bothering to push her chair in, and ran up the stairs towards her bedroom.

"What time do we need to be at the port key?" James asked his dad, who had just entered the kitchen.

"About five forty five," Harry replied.

Albus pushed his half eaten pancake further back on the counter and rested his head where the plate had just been. Within seconds, he was asleep again.

Lily nearly flew down the steps, her pink Muggle suitcase trailing behind her. "I'm ready to go!" she jumped up and down as she looked around at everyone in the kitchen.

Albus's eyes snapped open and he sighed when he saw Lily, "She woke me up," he grumbled, running a hand through his natuarally messt black hair.

"And mum woke me up," James said, "We're even that way."

Albus glared at his brother. In no way were they even. He'd been woken up for the past two weeks by his brother sneaking into his room and whispering, "Slytherin," into his ear. And he was most definatly not going to be in Slytherin, nor would he tell his parents about what James was doing. Because if he did, Albus had a feeling James's first second year prank would be on him.