Year Six, Chapter Eight

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Mentions of self harm. Please stop reading if you're not in the right mindset. Please take care of yourselves, I love you all. If you are in a bad mental state reach out to me, I'm here to help anyone who needs it. Enjoy the chapter xx

"Draco, talk to me. I won't leave, I won't judge, I won't do anything like that because I... I'm you're girlfriend." I almost let something else slip as we sit on a bed in the room of requirement.

"Promise me, y/n. Promise I can confide in you and you won't leave." I nod. "Youre all I have left..."

"Talk to me, love." He breaks into tears when I say this. I hold him and comfort him the way he did me so many nights. Wordlessly, he sits up. He looks at the ground as he unbuttons the cuff of his collared shirt. Yanking up the sleeve, he reveals his secret.

My stomach turns at the sight.

The dark mark.

But that's not what got me. Instead, it was the bloody scabs over it. The nail marks covering his arm. The rawness of the skin.

"Draco..." Tears flow down his face like an ocean and tears prick mine. I gently take his arm in mine and stroke my thumb lightly over the injured arm. I raise his arm to my face and plant small and light kisses over the area.

"Arent you gonna leave now? I'm a monster, y/n. I'm everything you stand against. He killed your parents. He killed Harrys. He didn't touch you but he did kill your parents. You hate me now. I have nothing. Nobody."

"I'm not leaving, Draco. I promise. This doesn't change anything. I know you, Draco. I know you." His face is pained.

"I didn't want to, y/n. I promise I didn't. I didn't have a choice. He would kill me... my mother... I can't. He chose me for a task. It's so bad. I'm sorry. I understand if you leave. I do."

"Draco, I know. You didn't have a choice. That's why I'm staying. Because I know you, I know the true Draco Malfoy. You don't want this but your father is pushing you. I know, honey. I know." He nods silently.

"Youre really not leaving?"

"Never."

"You're gonna tell Potter now, aren't you?" He looks at the floor.

"You really think that low of me?" I ask. His head whips up looking apologetic until he sees my playful smile. A small smile graces his lips.

"Can I confess everything to you? And can you promise not to tell anyone? This is life or death for me, y/n."

"I won't say a word to anyone, Draco. Unless it's for your benefit. Unless it is truly necessary." He nods.

"I have been given a.. task. I have to... I have to kill someone." My heart drops.

"Harry?" I ask hesitantly. He shakes his head no.

"Dumbledore." My jaw almost drops but I catch it.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll figure it out together, alright? Maybe you don't have to." I hug him tightly.

"I've been fixing a cabinet. In here, actually." He says. "Right there. In that corner." He points.

"The one from-"

"Yes. I saw you and your friends that day, watching me. I saw Granger and assumed." I nod.

"The cabinet... transports people. The death eaters are planning on... raiding the school." I nod.

"When?"

"Dunno yet. I'll tell you when so I can make sure you're safe." I nod. "I cursed Katie Bell."

"Harry was right." He nods. "Anything else you wanna get off your chest?" He shakes his head no.

"That's why you stopped yesterday... you didn't want me to see the mark."

"Exactly."

"Draco... this doesn't change anything. Okay?" He nods but doesn't believe me.

"I'm not leaving. I promise." I say, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Thank you, y/n. You don't have to do this..." Draco mutters.

"I want to." I sit with him for the rest of the night, comforting him. We end up cuddling on the bed in the corner of the room.

He falls asleep on my chest as I play with his hair and I smile at the thought.

I'm in bliss. Pure and utter bliss.

*DRACOS POV*

"Legilimens!" Snapes nasally voice breaks the silence of the room.

Memories flash, me and my mother. When she and y/n were talking and getting along well, her talking about y/n. Then it turns to when y/n threw Harrys ring off the tower and fell asleep on me. Then to before Slughorns party, her in the dress that makes her look so damn good. Please don't go any further...

Fuck. Then it's the view of her underneath me, her dress half off. The hickey left on her collar bone. Then me running out and scratching the mark on my arm to the point of gushing blood.

"Seems your relationship with Miss y/L/n is going... interestingly." I'm panting as he re-enters my thoughts.

Then comes the night before.

Us yelling at eachother in the corridor, then in the room of requirement, me showing her the mark and her lips delicately kissing it.

"Draco Malfoy! What have you done?" Snape yells.

"Hold on." I say trying to stop him.

"You risk everything, Draco. We must rush our plans, just in case. After the holidays. That's when we put our plan into action." I nod silently.

"Legillimens!" He yells out again and I let out a groan in pain. My head is splitting at this point.

This is gonna be a long lesson.

Potters Girl (Draco Malfoy x reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें