Three

[A M B E R]

I sighed heavily, sitting down in my seat. "Someone stay up too late?" asked the kid next to me, and when I looked over, I instantly stood up to find a new seat. Though they were all taken. So I slouched back down, glaring at him.

"I don't party," I retorted, crossing my arms.

"Hey, I never said you did, love," he held up his hands innocently. "I mean, for all I know you were working late on a History essay or something," he shrugged, and I was instantly confused. Because that was exactly what I had been doing late last night.

"How did-"

"Amber, Zayn, those are your permanent seats," spoke the teacher before moving onto the other row. My jaw fell, and I gaped at her.

"Seriously?" I whined.

"I take offense to that reaction. You should be grateful to be next to me," he smirked smugly, dramatically waving me off.

"Oh fuck off Zayn, at least I don't spend more than a half hour doing my hair in the morning," I shot sassily, and it was his turn to get huffy.

"Oh yea? How long did it take to paint your hair?" he asked.

"You love my turquoise locks. You know you do," I flipped him off, and pretended that I didn't hear him say "yea, I do".

After the teacher announcing things about the new semester and the new class, she assigned a small project. We had to draw our partner's. No coloring necessary, just the pencil shading and shit. We had a whole hour to do this, and to say I wasn't impressed by my partner's drawing of me would be an understatement. I was good too, but Zayn's art skills were absolutely unrealistic.

"If you didn't finish, take these home and have it to me by tomorrow and tomorrow only," announced the teacher, before letting us go off on our own. I quickly gathered my things, rushing out the door and to my locker.

"How was art class?" I heard a familiar voice behind me, and I immediately turned around and smacked him upside the head.

"What the hell Lou! You said you were going to do art with me! I can't switch now and I'm stuck with Malik," I complained, stomping my foot like a child.

He mimicked my actions, and crossed his arms. "Suck it up buttercup. They needed one more person in Music and one less person in Art so I took it. I suck at art anyway," he shrugged, as if it was no big deal. Which to him it wasn't, but to me it was.

"I hate you Louis Tomlinson. Go suck a tree," I grumbled, using my horrible comeback.

"Maybe I will," he mocked, then made a face at what he said. "Wai-"

"Nope you already said it. Go find a tree to love," I chuckled, and continued going down the hall. We got to the lunch room and bought our things before taking a seat. And soon enough Sierra and Shaylie were taking their seats at the table.

"Why do you always sit with us Lou, wouldn't you rather be with your guy friends?" Sierra joked, and Louis snickered at her.

"Fuck off will you?" he stuck his tongue out, taking a sip of his coke.

"Gimmie some!" I gasped, going to grab for the bottle. But he pulled it away.

"Nope."

"Louis you arse give me some!" I whined as he held it above his head. He wasn't very tall at all, but I was still shorter than him. "Come on!" I exclaimed, jumping up repeatedly to reach for it.

Someone suddenly came up behind me, reaching up and grabbing it easily before handing it to me. I turned around, seeing Zayn standing there. "Hey I thought we were tight man," Louis pouted.

"You did spill your water on my Maths home work in home room this morning," he pointed out, and I let out a laugh.

"See this is why I like this kid better," I nodded matter of factly, jabbing my thumb towards the taller boy.

"You told me to fuck off less then two hours ago," he raised his eyebrows, smirking.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm sticking up for you. Now get away peasant," I sassed, taking a sip of the coke before sitting on the table next to Sierra. And although Zayn smiled and left, going to talk to his friends, I still wondered why the hell he possibly helped me. He must have been having a good week since this morning he acknowledged me in Art class and now he actually helped me. Even if it was for a coke that wasn't even mine.

My phone buzzed, sending me out of my thoughts.

Unknown Number: I saw Zayn help you

Me: Yea so?

Unknown Number: Do you like him?

Me: Ha no, at least not like a crush on him or something. He could be nice if I really knew him, but he hardly even looks my way

Unknown Number: Ok

Me: Why?

Unknown Number: Idk, he seems cool to me

Me: Eh, he gave me Louis' coke so I'm cool with him rn unless he says something about my hair again

Unknown Number: Well I love your hair

Me: Thx creep

Unknown Number: :(

Unknown Number: I'm not a creep

Me: Then tell me who you are! (_)

Unknown Number: I can't

Unknown Number: How'd you do the face thing???

Me: Yes you can

Me: And it's an app

Me: I'd tell you what app but you won't tell me your name so

Unknown Number: :'( *crying*