"Great!" Caroline hugged me from her seat. She squeezed me a little too hard.

            "Can't—breathe," I gasped.

            "Oops!" Caroline released me. I sucked in a large, much needed breath. "Sorry. I didn't break anything, did I?"

            "Nope, you're good." I tested my ribs gingerly to make sure Caroline didn't crack any of my bones or bruise my organs.

            "So, who's willing to offer up their place?" Bonnie asked, looking at all of us.

            "We can do it at my place," Elena offered.

            "I like that idea," I said immediately. Bonnie muffled a laugh behind her hand; I didn't see what was so funny about my quick response.

            "It's settled, then," Caroline said happily. The happy expression on her face left as quick as it came. We all noticed.

            "What?" Bonnie asked. I saw Caroline's hands clench on the table. My eyes bulged a bit. What was getting her so upset? Bonnie was trying to search for the reason for Caroline's distress.

            "Don't look!" Caroline hissed.

            "Caroline," Elena whispered, dipping her head in towards the table, "what is it?"

            "Remember Mr. Stealth, Faith?" Caroline muttered out of the corner of her mouth. I knew who she meant immediately.

            "Trevor? Yeah," I said. My heart thudded. "Why?"

            "He's back. No, don't go looking for him! You and Bonnie need to learn to not do that." Caroline sighed. "He's at the bar. I don't think he's noticed us yet."

            "Or Faith to be more exact," Bonnie murmured. She looked to be resisting the urge to turn around and search for Trevor. I myself was trying not to look up and scan the bar for him.

            "Just don't look, like Caroline said," Elena mumbled. "Maybe he won't notice us and leave."

            "Please, he knows what we look like," Caroline said glumly. "The moment he sees us he'll walk right over. I'll tell him off for you, Faith, if you want me to."

            "I can handle him, but thanks," I said. I was grateful that even though I didn't know Caroline well, she had my back. I guess that was due to me being Elena's cousin.

            A whistle made me instinctively look up. I ducked my head back down. Damn. I locked eyes with Trevor. I hesitated to look up again.

            "You looked, didn't you?" Caroline snarled at me.

            "Sorry." I flushed.

            "You better go see what he wants, because if he comes over here, it won't be pretty."

            I looked at Elena, worried.

            "I'll keep watch on you, don't worry," she assured me, grabbing my hands. I was so glad that the cut had healed nicely, but there was a pink scar on my palm. "If the situation gets bad, I'll rescue you, okay?"

            A little shaky, I walked over to the bar. Naturally, there was a wet spot and I slipped, falling forward. I caught myself with the bar, Trevor chuckled at my clumsiness.

Fatal Attractions - A TVD Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें