-Chapter Three-

For the next few weeks all anyone had been talking about was the ball.

*you and George are out in the courtyard talking*

"We're pretty good actors aren't we?" You say.

"Yeah. I actually can't believe people are falling for this. It's crazy!" He said. "Also I was wondering..."

You look up from your book.

"If you wanted to come home with me for Christmas?" He said. He looked almost ashamed for asking.

"Um.. yea. Sure." You say, looking away quickly.

"Well you know, just cuz..."

"Yeah. Yeah." You reply.

After a few moments the silence is broken when George got up and got on one knee. "Your shoes, darling."

And that was when you realized.
As he tied your shoes you think.

"Am I in love with George Weasley? How? Why?"

You put the thought aside, grab his hand and head off to Charms class together. While walking down the halls, you complain that the textbooks they give you are too heavy.
George turns to you and says "I'll take those for you, love." While grabbing them your hands touch. Ginny muse have been over hearing because she then came over and said "You two really are adorable."
You grab George's arm and say "Thanks." With a big smile.

Later on that day, during lunch your owl flies into the Great Hall and drops a letter at your plate.

"Thanks, (your owls name)"

You look at the back of the letter and see it's from Ottery St. Catchpole.

"Isn't that where George is from?" You thought.
You open the letter very carefully, trying not to rip it. You read it aloud to George who is beside you.

Hello dear,

I'm Molly. I know we should meet first before I send you mail but I just can't wait until Christmas. I'm wondering what your favourite colours were?
I was also wondering if you would like to help me bake a pie when you come. You seem like such a sweet girl for my George and I absolutely can't wait to meet you.
Lots of love, Molly Xx

George had his face in him palms. "Merlin's beard, mum."

"It's alright." You say. "I think it was cute. I'll write back later this afternoon."

"Oh, I need to go to Defence Against the Dark Arts now. I'll see you later." You say, putting your hand on his cheek. "I'll see you later."
He kisses your hand and says "goodbye darling."

"There was that word again! Whenever he calls me darling I melt inside. It was now confirmed. I like George Weasley. I could never tell him. It would ruin the plan. He definitely doesn't like me back. How could he? I just need to keep it to myself. For now. Stop ranting to yourself, y/n! You have a class to go to!"

...

You mum sent you a letter saying she found a dress that looks perfect for you. She had sent it in the mail and it should arrive soon. The ball was only few weeks away and all of Hogwarts was in a buzz. Rumour had it the Great Hall will be full of golden decorations and there was to be great music.

You are walking down the hall the next day and George comes up behind you and wraps his arms around your waist and puts his head on your shoulder.
"Morning, y/n." He says.

"Oh his morning voice. It's so cute." You think.

"What was that? Did I hear you properly? Did you say you like my morning voice?" He said, curiously.

"Oh um yeah. I mean it's nice."

"Hmm. Okay. Thanks." He spins you around to face him. He pulls you in close and whispers in your ear. "Come by my dorm and seven so we can talk." He notices another Gryffindor looking at you both and kisses you.
You like when he kisses you. Since he's taller you have to go on your tippy-toes. You kiss for a few seconds and smiles down at you.
"See you later." He says and winks.

"Okay." You think to yourself. "This is getting to seem a bit real. But how could it be? Your only faking and he's just good at acting. Yeah."

...

While your walking up the stairs to George's dorm, you have a bad feeling. Like something bad is about to happen. And you were right.
As you knocked on his door you heard him say "Shit it's seven already uhhh. Come in!"

As you open the door you see a Gryffindor girl named Kelly Smith sitting on George's bed. They had clearly been kissing. Your heart sank. It felt like you were just kicked in the stomach.

"Hey. Sorry I lost track of time." he said. "Kelly knows of our prank."

Tears start rolling down your cheeks you run back down the stairs but Fred Weasley catches you on your way down. "Hey, hey. Y/n what's wrong."
He takes you down to the common room and tells everyone quite loudly to leave the common room. He fixes you a cup of tea and you tell him everything. All about the prank, about how you feel. He looks so understanding the entire time. "Listen I feel for you and I'm so sorry, y/n, but you weren't actually dating. I'm on your side 99% but George is still my twin. He was being an asshole but you also can't blame him."

"But here's the thing, Fred. He would kiss me, even when no one was around. He would still compliment me and call me darling even if we were alone and I just thought that... you know."

After you finish your tea he walks you back up to your dorm and says goodnight to you and that he would talk the George.
"Thanks for everything." You say with a slight smile on your face."

"Anytime, y/n"