𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

"You're the weak one, and you'll never know love... or friendship... and I feel sorry for you." Harry said, breaking Voldemort's possession of him causing him to land down on his back. Harry had been losing consciousness and struggling to stay awake. All he could see was the Dark Lord who stood before him with a hurt expression.  

"You're a fool, Harry Potter."

As the sound of the Floo Network came and had caught Voldemort's attention, he immediately turned into a cloud of black smoke and disappeared, but it had already been too late. They already saw him. They saw that Voldemort was actually alive and Harry wasn't lying.

•••

When Harry woke up, he was been on his bed at Hogwarts. Harry's head began to hurt as he got up from bed. Before Harry could realize where he was and look around, he was given a big, tight hug from Ron who was extremely worried for him, since he found him.

"Ron, let me go. I need to talk to Dumbledore." Harry's expression was serious and Ron simply looked at Harry confused, but let him go. He watched as Harry quickly ran off to Dumbledore's office. When he arrived, the two had been speaking for a while. They spoke about what happened to Sirius and why Dumbledore had refused to speak and avoided contact with Harry in every way possible.

"Professor, may I ask you something?" Harry waited for Dumbledore's approval and proceeded to continue when Dumbledore agreed. "Back at the ministry... I was with Voldemort and... I told him that he had never experienced love in his life, but... I could have sworn I saw his expression become... sad. Why is that? I thought he said showing emotion is foolish."

Dumbledore thought for a second, trying to re-call what he had been talking about. When he realized, he would sigh, a rather sad sigh too. He got up from his seat and revealed a thin, leather book. When he opened it to a specific page, he showed it to Harry.

Tom Marvolo Riddle & C Lovegood.

1938 - 1945

•••

Harry stared down at the book in shock. When he flipped through the pages, he saw that there was a person with Tom. Or should he say Voldemort? Well... either way, the person was a Gryffindor kid, in fact. He looked generally happy, like, he was showing emotion. He looked... Harry couldn't believe what he was saying but... innocent. How could someone so happy suddenly become so dark and... treat people like that?

"Professor... who were they? Who were they, Professor?" Dumbledore began go on. "That is C Lovegood. They were a student here. Here at Hogwarts. When they first came, they were sorted into Gryffindor. C was just a normal pureblood wizard like the rest of them but Tom saw something special in them. I assumed it was nothing at first, but then they grew a mutual relationship with eachother. I noticed that they did fight quite a bit, but that's what formed their relationship. Thats when I realized... Tom was actually... showing signs of love and somewhat actually, affection. He had always told me that this stuff was foolish but he fell for C. They... well, excuse me for using such words in front of you, Harry, but... they dated. They loved eachother, they practically stuck to like glue." Harry looked at Dumbledore.

"Professor, you're telling me that... he actually... No way- You're... you're telling me he actually loved someone, and... he had feelings?" Dumbledore proceeded to nod. "Then... why is he like this? What happened?" Harry started to become nosy, something he didn't normally do, wondering why. "They disappeared." Dumbledore says. "W- What?" Harry looks at him in shock. "They suddenly disappeared, out of no where. They went missing. We searched and searched but never found them. This led to Tom, well... to his corruption. That's when I made the assumption that C had become his bridge. He was one and only thing keeping Tom sane, from doing anything dark. Keeping from turning corrupt..."

Harry simply sat in shock, trying to process what he had just heard from Dumbledore, though it did hurt his head, considering he had just gotten back to Hogwarts from fighting Voldemort only to fail.

•••

Hey !! Author here. Did you enjoy the first chapter? I hope you did ! Please do give me some feedback on how you feel so far, I will be trying my best to do updates for this book. As a fellow Tom Riddle simp myself, I thought it would be pretty fun to write this. This book has definitely perked my interest and broke my writers block. Anyways, I hope you had a great day or night and I'll see you next chapter !! :)