-Chapter One-

You and George Weasley have always loved pulling pranks on people, along with Fred of course, but this prank was probably the best one you had ever done.

It all started when you were in the Gryffindor common room talking about the O.W.Ls with a third year named Hermione Granger and your best friends little sister, Ginny Weasley.
"These O.W.Ls should be easy, but I'm still quite worried"

"Hermione but your usually so confident in this type of thing?" You asked.

"Yes but O.W.Ls are different from your every day exam." She replied, her voice sounding more uptight than usual.

A few minutes later, George Weasley came running into the room, gasping for breath. He then stood up tall and took a very dramatic bow. Everyone was clapping and whistling at him.
Seamus Finnigan yelled "Yeah Weasley!"

"What did you do this time?" You said, walking over to him with my arms crossed.
"I may or may not have filled Filch's sandwich with puking pestils. He won't come out of his quarters for three whole days." He said, proudly.

"And you did that without me?!"

You hit his arm playfully.

You think to yourself. "Wow my best friend is such a crackhead."

...

You and George are in Potions and as your scribbling down notes, you hear him whisper your name. You look up and see he has a note for you. He slides it across the table and you open it. Trying not to be too loud.

It said "Meet me on the quidditch pitch at 9" in his horrible hand writing.

"I've always loved his hand writing" You thought. "I mean like it's cool the way he... uh... writes."

You look around behind your shoulder to see if Snape was anywhere near. You write back, trying to make your words look as neat as possible. You hand it back to him.

"Okay. Do I need to bring anything?"

He shakes his head and winks at you.
You see Snape out of the corner of your eye and you try to whisper to George but he's already writing away.
Snape comes up behind him and hits him on the top of his head with a text book.

"Weasley shut it. You're a sixth year should know better." He said, snarling.

He looks at you and you giggle and wink at him.

Once everyone in your dorm had fallen asleep, you grab your wand and invisibility potion and head down to the common room. As soon as you reach the door, you make sure the fat lady is fast asleep. It's so dark in the hallways you can barley see.
"Lumos."
Slowly a small white light appears out the tip of your wand. You grab the bottle out of your sweater pocket
and take a swig. You see your arms and legs disappear and you tiptoe away.
Soon your out on the quidditch pitch. You can see the faint shadow of George far away sitting on the ground.

The cold air was easy to breathe in.

Before you left you made sure to wear a nice warm sweater and sweatpants. You may have put on a bit of perfume and makeup but that's besides the point. He waves from far away and you wave back. He jogs up to you and says "Hey" . His voice a little raspy.

"So what's up?" You ask. You put your hand in your pockets. It was so cold you could see your breath in the air.

"I have a plan for a great prank but you might not like it." He said. "Because it's kind of.... awkward but it would be brilliant if we pulled it off."

"What does he want to do?" You thought. If he's this worried about it then it must be weird.

"What is it....?"

"Well, I thought..." His eyes were looking down.
"We could pretend to date. I KNOW, I KNOW IT'S WEIRD BUT THINK ABOUT EVERYONES FACE WHEN WE TELL THEM IT'S ALL FAKE!"

Your eyes go wide. "Woah, woah quiet down."

He takes a deep breath.

"I have some questions." You say.

He nods.

"Question one. This doesn't seem like your typical prank. What made you come up with this."

"Well I saw Fred and Angelina and I thought "What if they're not actually dating. Like what if it's all some big scheme? And... ya."

You both sit down crisscross on the grass.

"Why me?"

''Come again?" He asked.

"Why did you choose me to do this prank with you?"

"Oh uh." He paused for a few seconds. "Well your my best friend and my best prank partner aside from Fred and people would believe it. You know?"

You say nothing and lie on your back and look at the stars. He lies back, too.

"Y/n?" He says after a while of silence.

"Yeah?"

"What do you say?" He sits up and looks down at you.

"Yeah okay. It does sound pretty epic."

He gets up and offers you his hand. He pulls you up and says "This is gonna be great." He gives a little smile.
You can't help but think that he likes you. He could never. He's your best friend. This is only a prank and nothing else. You keep telling yourself that, but do you believe it?