I used the business plan when Solstice presented their idea in order to take away the corporation from me. Totoo ngang kinontra nito ang kagandahan ng plano ni Solstice. I saw how Solstice's face contorted into anger when I presented Etienne's idea to the board. Sinagot kasi nito lahat ng butas ng gawa niya.

I know she even hired someone who is known in the business field to present the idea so she can convince the board to agree with her. Hindi niya lang siguro inaasahan na babaliktarin siya ni Etienne.

She stormed out of the meeting room with heavy steps containing her disappoinment.

This is actually for her own good too. Hindi naman niya talaga pangarap ang industriya ng business. She was more concern with the welfare of the people when it comes to their health. Alfos and Dayanara were the only ones who wanted her to take this path. Baka sakaling mamulat na siya sa katotohanan na hindi naman anak ang turing nila sa kanya. She's just a tool, like how everyone else is in their eyes.

Napapikit ako nang mariin nang maalala ang ginawa nila sa babaing 'yon. The woman who killed my child. Alam ko noon pa man ay may pinuponduhan si Dayanara na babae para akitin ako. Too bad she got the wrong woman and I'll never fall for someone who have lost their morals for love. Nang imulat ko ang mga mata ko, napagtantuan ko na maaaring tinulungan siya ni Dayanara dahil nakikita niya ang sarili niya rito.

They were too madly in love with the idea of love that they deserted the goodness in it just to have a taste of something they have always wanted.

The mansion turns awfully quiet but peaceful after Alfos brought his family with him to live in another estate. Mukhang hindi na talaga sila nagkakasundo ni Grandpa pagdating sa hatian ng mana.

"Why are you visiting a clinic, Adonis?" Grandpa asked, after puffing from his tobacco pipe.

Ibinalik ko ang binabasa kong libro sa shelf ng opisina niya. He is getting old but he never quit smoking. Kahit na ilang beses ko na siyang pinigilan ay tanging ngiti lang ang ibinabalik niya saakin.

I'm actually consulting a therapist and I attend counselling for trauma. I just want to move on from the childhood I have believe in. The psychiatrist told me that my behavior was caused by the child abuse and neglect that I've went to. In each session, unti-unting natanggap ko na ang totoo.

I was capable of being loved. Everyone of us is capable of loving and being loved. May mga tao na ipapakita at ipaparamdam sa'yo na hindi para sa'yo ito — pero sino sila para ipagkait sa'yo ito? Love is something that will fuel you to live and no one can ever take that away from you — if you never let them.

Lumingon ako kay Grandpa at bumuntong hininga. Hindi na pinipilit ang emosyon na hindi ko maramdaman.

"It is my way to redeem myself, Grandpa. Please just let me have this."

I have said things, done things, and even I know myself that I cannot repent for those actions I've done and words I've said. Pero si Arrisea rin ang nagturo sa akin na likas sa tao ang magkamali. What matters most is we learn from those mistakes and we do something to change it.

Grandpa smiled, forming crinkles on the side of his eyes.

I could see how proud he is of me. Ngumiti rin ako, for the first time it felt real and I didn't have to pretend anymore.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. "This family became a mess because of my own selfish perspective."

"Do you want to press charges?" Grandpa asked. "I don't have a long time to live anymore but let me repent for those years I have neglected you..."

I shook my head.

"I have already forgiven you a long time ago," I told him and gently held his hand. "Grandpa, I really want to start over. I want to remove this grudge in my heart and I want to see my light again."