C H A P T E R 25 ♬

GIYUU

I'm about to kill Tanjiro.
"Sorry, Tanjiro, but you're in my way." With a flick of my thumb on the controller, Tanjiro's Call of Duty's avatar crumples to the floor, blood gushing from his belly. Tanjiro blinks, fruitlessly presses a few buttons, and turns to me an incredulous scowl.
"Did you just shoot me?" He glares at the television screen as Sabito steps over his lifeless body. "I thought we were working together!" And Nezuko who'd been half-asleep at Tanjiro's feet, lifts her head and lets out a wheezy snort.

"We were." I say, taking one hand off my controller to scratch between Nezuko's ears. "But you outlived your usefulness."
Sabito on the other hand agrees with me. "It's a good day for someone to die," he growls, sheathing his knife and flexing his muscles. "Just not me."

Tanjiro makes a face. "This game is vile. And I'm starving." He's sitting next to me on the sofa in the gaming room upstairs and shifts closer to nudge my knee with his causing me to startle a bit.
"Come on guys, pause your ridiculously buff alter ego and get some lunch with me." Makomo calls out when she rides her head from her phone and I roll my eyes.

However, Tanjiro and Nezuko quickly get to their feet and head towards her. "Mmm I want to help!" Nezuko says, energetically.

I put down my controller and flex one arm, then instantly wish I hadn't. What am I doing in my life at this point? It's been two weeks since the incident and I've been stuck at my house for a week now, doing nothing but play video games with Sabito and sometimes I'd invite Tanjiro and Nezuko over since they live next door.
Boring. That's how I'd describe my life. Boring.

One: I wake up,
Two: eat breakfast,
Three: play video games,
Four: eat lunch,
Five: go to sleep but not really; I call Kochou.

And then again and again, this cycle is what I've been doing in my life in the past ten days and it's ridiculous. And I've to admit I never thought I'd ever say this my entire life but I actually miss college and working at the cafe, but it actually adds a meaning to my life.

"What are you in the mood to eat?" Makomo holds up her hand before I can speak. "If you say Salmon Daikon then forget it, we ate that literally four times in the last week, your obsession with this food is stupid at this point."
I pout, how did she know I was about to say Salmon Daikon anyways?

I look at Sabito for a brief second. "Tebasaki." We both say instantly, it's a Tokyo institution, famous for its extra-hot wings and a giant inflatable man-with-wings on the roof and I've been longing to try it ever since Tanjiro started babbling how good it was when he tried it.

"Tebasaki?" Makomo frowns as we head for the stairs, Sabito in front of me and Tanjiro and Nezuko padding behind us.

"Well, Nezuko and I can't join you guys," Tanjiro looks at me as I open the grab the keys from the counter. "Why not?" I ask.

He awkwardly starts scratching his nape, "I actually promised Inosuke and Zenitsu to have a sleepover at my house and they should be here in an hour."

Sabito frowns, because he had been wanting to spend time with these two for a while now since they haven't been in contact for like five years, I believe last time they met was with Urokodaki-sensei. He stumbles a bit at wearing his shoes and says, "Man that's not really cool, but you gotta promise me to meet up later okay?"