Chapter 1: Stormr

Her sides beaten and bruised. Each collision sending her flying with a painful crack of each support. The abuser, dangerous and unforgiving, his eyes darkened from years of torment towards the innocent. The fair, innocent Airheart suffering at his hands. Cold, damp hands.

"He's clawing away at her!!" A single voice overpowering the storm the best it could, ringing throughout the ears of all those near by.
"Keep her steady, we can't go down!" Yet again, a voice overpowering the storm but this one aiming to protect the fragile Airheart.
A single ship in the centre of the torrential night, barely even visible in comparison to the darkest of night skies. A strange sense of danger from the dark, unearthly danger. Underneath no nicer. The reflection, or there lack of, of the sky having just as bad an aura surrounding it. To add to the terror, waves. Towering waves. Powerful waves. Unforgiving waves.

Each wooden panel shaking under the force. Swaying the ship. Throwing her effortlessly. Water splashing onto the deck, making it easier for the slightest movement to be the one sending innocent sailors crashing to their asses. Thunder raging too.

To summarise the weather, every sense to be overstimulated and assaulted until there was no sense of life left, just a dark sense of impending doom.

What caused this treacherous weather remains unknown, it has usually been a calm and safe passage for all sailors. Norway to England, short trip as well so no threats to be cautious over. It was peculiar, almost supernatural. Almost like a cursed hand had fallen upon the crew and their ship.