𝟏

𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎.

. * .

why couldn't she follow it?

It must've been her curiosity.

The youngest daughter of the Kibe house had stood her tallest, bowing before him along with the rest of her extended family, and found she couldn't stop looking at him.

Glassy, sky blue shone from his eyes that looked straight ahead at her father, the head of her house.

Young Kibe Naomi could only think of one word to describe the boy; ethereal.

The only reason he stood there, gracing her family with his presence was simple. He wanted to learn new techniques from different families. The Kibe estate reigned fourth in sorcerer technique, founded by her great-great grandfather who'd acquired a knack for curses. He had a simple one that took Japan by surprise.

Touch.

The young girl laughed the first time her teacher had uttered the words (nearly earning herself a good slap), but no matter how simple it seemed, no one dared to call it weak. The technique, Touch, came from an unknown origin due to her great-great grandfather being illegitimate from the Kibe clan, but they had hoped it would be a technique to be passed down every generation like a few others had been.

After his ultimate demise, his children hadn't acquired the ability.

Their children neither.

The next generation, just as unlucky.

Touch, no matter how powerful it made the Kibe's clan, seemed to have completely vanished. Naomi's father tried his best to keep their family's reputation afloat, and ended up inviting the boy to their residence to teach him the Kibe family techniques after he'd heard the holder of The Six Eyes sought out more than what his own clan could offer.

Lessons upon lessons of etiquette were forced upon the young girl after the blue-eyed boy accepted the Kibe's offer, but with all of her mind, Kibe Naomi did not understand why a boy merely one year her senior managed to earn so much respect when she herself had none.

As the youngest of seven other siblings -six brothers and one sister- she often fell dead last on the list of priorities. They'd neglected to teach many of the Kibe women how to be a shaman, but Naomi had been taught absolutely nothing. So, after each lesson about how to address a fourteen year old boy, she'd despised every aspect of him.

But, his eyes stopped the young black haired girl from hating him too much.

Pure white tendrils of hair fluffed the boy's head, and his fair untouched skin glowed in the heat of the summer that glared down at them. It was then that she understood.

She knew then why despite their age, the two of them were treated much differently.

This boy, who looked like an angel, was on a level she could never hope to reach.

That much was certain to young Naomi the minute he arrived in a sleek black car more expensive than anything her family could hope to afford.

As he'd stepped out of the car and wordlessly carried himself with those cold, calculating eyes that held the secrets of the world in them, she sensed the air of superiority he possessed. The fear his mere presence instilled in everyone's hearts.