Catching Feelings (2Yeon)

Happiest birthday, our angel, Jeongyeon!! 💚💚💚

-----

This is a cliché story, really. But for Nayeon, it's one of a kind, one thing that is definitely "for keeps", and forever be cherished. This is how she keeps on falling in love over and over, again and again to one person only, to her one and only.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon met for the first time when they were in college. They were dorm mates that time and it is the only two of them who shares the room, unlike the other rooms who has 3 students occupying 1 room. They can affirm that they are one of the lucky students that time because besides that privilege, they are also close with the person who is assigned to their building and so they don't get much scolding when they come back late at night or when they sometimes disobey the general rules or when they occupy the living room with their personal things when they do not want to stay in their own room.

They were basically friends right from the start because Nayeon is insisting on being close with Jeongyeon regardless of the fact that they do not take the same course but are classmates in general subjects. They talk every night before going to bed about their day, the activities they need to finish that they will eventually do right before the deadline, their irritating and favorite professors, their annoying block mates, and anything about their university life. That's when they slowly became close to each other, without even knowing that they are comfortable sharing things not just about school but also their personal lives.

They comfortably talk about their plans after college, the pressure they feel from their family because they are both the breadwinners and therefore needs to be successful no matter what, needs to double their efforts in studying so their parents will not be disappointed at them, the what ifs and maybes of many other things outside of school, their regrets of taking such courses, being lazy day by day, and passing of requirements for the sake of "passing", their hopes that their future will still be bright as they see it the first time they decided to build and achieve it, and many more that gave them a realization that they have each other to hold.

There are times when they are not in the mood to go back to their dormitory so they will just stay near their university, particularly in the place that were developed as their hideout and will just be there for about 2 to 3 hours until they got bored and that's when they will stand up and walk going back to their dorm. They do that most of the times when they fail some quizzes, or forgot to do some activities, or doesn't get the chance to pass a requirement because of some strict professors, or because it is just their excuse to breathe from an exhausting college life and find the drive again to strive harder and graduate.

"Hideout?"

They are both on their sophomore year when they discovered that abandoned filming house 7 blocks away from the university and 4 blocks away from their dormitory. It is not for lease and there's nothing much things there so they assume they can already own the place since there's no one keeping it. There's only a couch and some backdrops left there so it's still a win for them because they at least have something to stay in when they do not want to stay at the university lounge or their living room at the dormitory.

When one of them asks the other if they want to go to their hideout, there's no such thing as "no" for them because no matter what circumstances and even if they have midnight deadlines, they will still choose to stay there to clear their minds most particularly when examinations are near and they need to prepare for a lot of activities and tests.

However, there are unexpected situations where they forgot about the time and the person who is in charge of their dorm is already asleep so they do not have any choice but to stay at their hideout until morning and stick with each other on that small couch the whole evening. Another unexpected situation is that when they get caught in the rain together and none of them brings an umbrella because who is bringing some when they are just near to their dormitory anyway? At the end, they regret not having one because they need to endure the freezing cold brought by the heavy rain and get ready to be scolded big time by the dorm lady.