Chapter 5 - Finally Settled

Start from the beginning

David continued, "...and on the my private mission for you, the one we started 5 years ago, have you managed to trace or identify my daughter yet? Her mother cannot hide her from me for ever - I so wish I could have stayed with her mother but it just couldn't happen at the time. Damn it - she must be at least 18 by now. Seeing those young girls has just brought it back to me how much I want to get in touch with her - bring joy to her life and show her the luxuries she could have."

"I'm sorry, not yet, we knew she was located in London, in the area where the Company decided to invest in the leisure complex. It was a great idea - we collected personal information and data from the hotels, cinema, bowling alley, casino and bars but everything came up blank. We had just started collecting data from the leisure centre when this incident had kicked off. Now it has reopened hopefully we will get a lead. Interestingly my people on the ground in the UK have said that the publicity has actually meant more people visiting. I will keep you posted sir." Aaron signed off the call wondering to himself why it was so hard to find an individual in one of the most watched and data centric countries in the world. It was as if someone had secretly lifted David's missing daughter from the UK and placed her into hiding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been three weeks since the rescue and Leanne, Jessica, Abi and Jo had settled nicely into the luxuries of Malibu life and staying at The Palms. Leanne and Abi had volunteered as lifeguards at the nearby beach resort and Jessica and Joanne were working a couple of days a week for Paul acting as his personal assistants and learning about the business. A life away from her parents was just what Jessica needed and she found her self-confidence growing and her shyness slowly ebbing away. 

A few days after the conference call Juliette found herself summoning the girls for a briefing. They gathered outside the glass morning room on the day beds over looking the infinity pool and Pacific Ocean. 

"Good morning girls," she began as she explained the latest news, what had been said at the meeting and how that would undoubtedly impact on their lives. She didn't mention to Jessica, Abi or Joanne the delicate situation with Paul, she chose instead  to pull aside Leanne for a chat as the remaining trio girls made their way to the pool for a morning swim. "Hey, Leanne are you ok with everything? Actually, have you got a minute, I really need to speak to you about something." 

"Yeah everything is fine, well sort of." Leanne replied.

"Sort of? Is something wrong?" Juliette enquired.

"Well, yes and no. I'm not really sure. It's just that whilst we have been here away from London I've had lots of time to relax and think. I'm 18 and have never met my father. Being here has made me wonder if I should try to find out who he is. It makes me nervous though - what if he isn't someone I like, he could be some murderer or rapist or something!" Leanne let out her emotional baggage to Juliette.

Juliette gave her a hug and replied, "If you want, I happen to know a few people who can help, I will find out what information we need and I am sure we can find you father. When we know a little about him you can make a decision if you want to contact him.  You never know, he may even be looking for you himself."

Leanne smiled and agreed to provide Juliette with the information she would need to help locate her father, it was then Juliette subtly turned the conversation onto the CCTV footage of her and Paul and the assumptions the press had made. "There is actually something else we need to discuss. You will really need to try and avoid being seen with Paul. Unfortunately the press have made an assumption that you and he are in a relationship. They will hound you relentlessly, particularly as you are such an attractive young lady, and your life may never be the same again if that happens."