chap. 37 || i win

Start from the beginning

You were really glad she joined along.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Huh? I...have to stay in this room with Shibayama?"

Naoi nods his head in approval. "His cold is a bad one. He must've stayed under the rain too long. I don't know why, but I'm going to ask Masanori if she can buy medicine for Shibayama outside the in the nearest pharmacy. So I need you to look after him until Masanori comes back with his medicine."

"Ah, alright then. I promise to keep a keen eye on Shibayama, sir," you told Naoi with a smile while Shibayama was listening to the whole thing. He stood up, "Coach...! I'm fine, I swear! I can still practice...!"

"You'll be fine by tomorrow. But for now, you have to take a long rest or else your fever's going to grow. L/n here is going to look after you so I know you'll be ok," Naoi responds as he headed out of the door, giving you a slight nod before he left the infirmary room. You can hear Shibayama sigh.

"It's all my fault..." he mumbles, covering his face with his hands. You gently patted his back, trying to comfort him. "I-It's going to be alright, Shibayama-Kun. And don't worry about it, it's already evening anyways..."

"But I wanted to practice on receiving with the others...I wanted to be good at it...like them..."says the ravenette before he laid back down on the bed's white and smooth surface.

You frowned in concern. Watching him shift through under the covers as little drops of rain poured down again. It more quiet this time. Not as loud like before. But it was a rain perfect for a time like this. Smiling softly to yourself, you gently sat on top of the infirmary bed beside Shibayama, making the male wince and turn his to you.

"L-L/n-San?? W-What are you doing??"

"E-Eh?? I-I was just sitting beside you...!!" You softly but shyly replied to Shibayama before the both of you quickly looked away at each with rosy pink cheeks.

What was that all about?

There was a small moment of silence between you and Shibayama. It was awkward. Very awkward. All you could was just watch the rain fall out from the sky. It was so...quiet. That's when you suddenly opened your mouth.

"Hey..." you mumbled, "...can I ask you how you got into volleyball?"

Shibayama froze into his position for a while, not being able to answer instantly from your question. Turning back around in a steady pace, Shibayama replies. "H-How I got into volleyball...?"

"I-I mean...! You don't have to answer it if you're not in the mood...! I completely understand...!"

"N-No...! It's fine! It's fine! I got into volleyball because of a girl I had a crush on back in middle school!!!"

You and Shibayama both froze at the same time after that sentence came out of his mouth. Did...you just hear that correctly? He got into volleyball because of a girl he liked back in middle school...?

Shibayama's face was priceless. His mouth was agape, eyes wide in realization of what he said and his face all red like a plump strawberry. He was so embarrassed of what he said that he quickly hid his face behind his arms.

"...p-please ignore what I said..." Shibayama whispers while he slowly went to lay down back on his bed, his back facing you.

You self-consciously nodded your head, "O-oh...sure..." you replied before the both of you went back to another long minute of awkward silence. Well, you didn't expect things to turn this way. The tension was real.

Although, the silence was once again broken off when Shibayama let out a faint cough, his hand covering his mouth as he did, causing you to look at him with a worried gaze. "Shibayama-Kun, are you ok?"